THE ROSEMONT ROCKET
Rosemont Elementary School
Principal, Keely Cooke
Assistant Principal, Markia Roberts
Location: 16400 Alden Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Phone: (240) 740-7180
The Principal's Page
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! I am excited about the start of this school year. We hope everyone took some time this summer to relax and spend time with family and friends. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure all children achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both home and school. It is my hope that we can all work together to form a strong partnership, calling upon the strengths of home, school, and the Rosemont community.
At Rosemont, our mission is to --
· foster positive EQUITABLE RELATIONSHIPS with students, staff, and the community,
· deliver CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE RIGOROUS instruction, and
· achieve RESULTS for ALL students.
As we begin this year, we have a few reminders to help with the safe operation of our school.
School hours for students in grades K-5 are 8:50 a.m. – 3:20 p.m. Students should not arrive at school prior to 8:40 a.m. since supervision is not provided until that time. Students are considered tardy if they arrive after 9:00 a.m. If your child is tardy, you will need to come in the office and sign him/her in. The school’s office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily.
Dropping Off and Picking Up Students
All students who are being driven to and/or from school must be dropped off or picked up at the car drop-off circle only. In the morning, the drop-off circle will be closed to drop-off access until 8:40 a.m. to ensure students are not dropped off early. The entrance to the car drop-off circle is located on S. Westland Drive. Please do not park in the circle and get out of your car. Children should not be dropped off in the front parking lot or the bus lane. No automobiles may enter the bus driveway in front of the building during school hours. If your child normally rides the bus home but you need to pick him up you must notify the office prior to 2:45 p.m. in order for the message to be relayed to the student.
The Annual RES Back-to-School Picnic
Join us on Thursday, September 21, 2023 from 5:00-6:30pm.
There will be moon bounces, music, popcorn, cotton candy. Bring a lawn chair, bring your children.
It will be fun for the entire family. There will be:
- Tattoo Station
- Photo booth
- Jump ropes
- Hoola Hoops
S.T.A.T Performance Afterschool Program
Parents may bring individual store bought cupcakes, donuts, or cookies to school to celebrate their child’s birthday. Please do not bring cakes, drinks, decorations, cameras, or goodie bags. Cupcakes, donuts, or cookies need to be brought to the main office and will be served during your child’s lunch.
Cell Phones & Mobile Devices
All cell phones and mobile devices should be turned off and kept in student's backpack during the school day. Calls, text messages, and recordings are not allowed in the classroom, during recess/ lunch or in the restroom. In addition, the school is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged devices while on school property. Thank you for your support regarding this matter.
GAITHERSBURG CLUSTER FALL SPORTS
To all Gaithersburg families of elementary and middle school students: This coming Friday, September 1st, the fall sports season begins at Gaithersburg High School with our first home football game. Below is some important information related to students in K-8 attending high school sporting events:
- All students in grades K-8 may only attend high school sporting events with a paid adult. Unaccompanied grade K-8 students will not be permitted to enter the high school events.
- The adult must remain at the game for the entirety.
- Middle School students must present their School ID or show staff their StudentVue account (with picture)
- Adults will be responsible for the behavior of your grade K-8 child while at the event.
- K-8 students are expected to follow the MCPS Student Code of Conduct and behavior properly at the high school events.
- Inappropriate behaviors will result in the removal of the K-8 child from the event & may result in the inability of that student to attend subsequent games.
RES Student Change in Dismissal Form
For the safety of ALL students at Rosemont Elementary School, use the attached "RES Student Change in Dismissal" form when your child’s after school dismissal plans change. Please complete the form and send it to school in your child’s backpack for his/her teacher. All dismissal changes must be in writing, signed by the parent or legal guardian, and received by 2:00 p.m. Phone calls are discouraged to change dismissal plans.
Montgomery County Public Schools requires school volunteers and partnership agencies to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within our school district.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/ Canvas account
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation
- Gradesheet will show 83.3% for successful completion)
- Fingerprinting/Background check (only if the volunteer is working alone with students without supervision of an MCPS staff member or other type of volunteer service, per the Volunteers Regulation and FAQ)
If you need the forms translated, please access this link:
Remind Teacher Communication Tool
What Is the Remind App?
Remind is a messaging platform that will be used to communicate among MCPS schools, teachers, students and parents via a text message, email or phone call and in their preferred language.
When and How Will My School Use it?
By winter break, schools will be transitioning to and regularly using the Remind app.
Parents can log into their Remind account via the web or using the Remind app.
Please contact your child's teacher about the best way to communicate until then.
- Teachers review all fire drill procedures, exits, and expectations with students.
- Students should be SILENT during these drills.
- Parents, speak to your child about the importance of following directions during these times.
- No School: September 4
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Strathmore: September 14
- Back-to-School Picnic: September 21
- Early Release Day: September 22
- No School for Students: September 25
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Strathmore: September 28
- Math and Reading Night: October 12
- Student Individual Photos: October 25
- Fall Festival: October 31