Bateman Walk-A-Thon Thank You
Thank You, Bateman!
To the Bateman Community:
Plans for the Bateman Walk-a-Thon have been in the works for over three school years...our last event took place in 2019. Students, staff, administration, parents, family and friends, and community members all came together to make this event the most successful it has ever been! Over $31,000 was raised to support Physical Education and Sports at Bateman! It is remarkable to see what can be accomplished as a school community.
All of our students received school-wide incentives.
Our students will continue to have access to new and improved PE equipment.
Our student-athletes will continue to have opportunities to grow in athletics and represent Bateman in sports programs!
A total of 55 students won raffle prizes!
Our First Grade won a pizza party for the entire grade level!
Our administration dyed their hair purple for our event!
Walk-a-Thon day was filled with smiling, cheering, walking, and running.
It was truly a sight to see our students motivating each other while being surrounded by the support and encouragement of family, friends, teachers, and volunteers.
Please review the information regarding our school-wide incentives:
- Purple Hair Day for Administration took place on Friday, September 29th.
- Extra Recess for every classroom took place between October 5th-October 13th.
Still to come:
- Movie Afternoon will take place on Friday, October 20th, the last day of the 1st Quarter. The time will be from 1:00-3:00, and students are allowed to bring ONLY popcorn and water.
- Outdoor Lunch will take place during lunch periods on Friday, October 20th.
- Pajama day (PK-4) and Pajama Bottom Day (5th-8th) will take place on Wednesday, October 25th. Please note, for 5th-8th, it is pajama bottoms only. Students who have PE on Wednesdays will still need appropriate shoes for PE that day per our shoe policy.
Finally, I would like to thank everyone who supported this event either by sharing event information, making donations, donating prizes, sorting student shirts, and volunteering on race day. We could not have done it without you! I ask that you please consider completing the Walk-A-Thon survey so that we can continue to make the event bigger and better every year.
Thank you again for your generosity and support!