The Buzz at Leeds
October 31, 2022
Message from Principal Wenz
Happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates today. Thank you to our Leeds PTO for organizing an amazing Trunk or Treat this year. We had so many people with great creativity and terrific trunks. See pictures below. Kids and adults had terrific costumes.
This week we are celebrating Harvest Week.
- Monday - Bring healthy snacks to school this week.
- Tuesday - Green is Keen Day!
- Wednesday - Dress like a farmer & come celebrate the harvest after school from 3:15-5:00
- Thursday - Flower Power Day!
- Friday - Bee Leeds Day
Just a reminder that there will be no school next week on Tuesday, 11/8 and Friday, 11/11. Don't forget to vote on 11/8. Happy Veterans' Day and thank you to all of our community members who are Veterans.
Our Leeds PTO will be hosting a movie night @6:00PM on Friday, 11/18. More information will be coming.
We are looking for substitute teachers and paraeducators to help us when our staff are absent. If you or anyone you know are interested in subbing at Leeds, please let me know.
Chris Wenz, Principal
Leeds Equity & Inclusion Committee
Greetings from the Leeds Equity and Inclusion Committee! We're a group of Leeds parents, caregivers, teachers, and staff who work toward creating a school community that honors self-exploration, meaningful relationships across difference, and every person’s dignity and belonging. The E&I Committee is a subcommittee of the Leeds School Council.
Our next meeting will take place virtually on Thursday, November 17, from 7:00-8:30 PM. Please email email@example.com for the Google Meet link.
New folx are warmly welcomed and encouraged to join meetings to get a better sense of what we’re about! E&I participation is completely flexible -- you can choose to commit as much or as little as you’d like. This might mean staying in the loop via our email listserv, attending the occasional meeting or every meeting, initiating or joining existing activities/projects, or some combination.
Our planned meeting times for the rest of this year are as follows:
Thurs, Nov. 17, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, Dec. 15, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, Jan. 19, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, Feb. 9, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, Mar. 16, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, April 13, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, May 18, 7:00-8:30pm
Thurs, June 15, 7:00-8:30pm
Find out more about the E&I committee and our past projects on our website! To join the E&I email listserv, receive updates about future meetings, or ask questions/share your ideas, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers Needed at Leeds!
All volunteers will needs to go through Volunteer in Northampton Schools (VINS). We are asking that if you would like to volunteer, you submit your paperwork to Candy.
- Please contact Candy Tauscher.
- Phone: 413 552-9447
- If you completed the application last year, you should be all set. Just check in with Sandy Bombard.
- You will need to complete the application form, provide a copy of your current vaccination status and complete a CORI check. Here is a link to the forms. Even if you have been a past volunteer, you cannot volunteer without Candy receiving a copy of your vaccination status. You may NOT provide it to the school, it needs to go directly to Candy. If you have not had a CORI check done before or if it is more than 3 years old, you will need to complete that paperwork. Also, she goes over protocols that must be adhered to. If you contact Candy, she will be able to assist you.
Calendar of Events
11/2 - Come celebrate harvest week 3:15-5:00
11/8 - No School - Professional Development - Don't forget to vote!
11/8 - Leeds School Council @6:15
11/11 - No School - Veterans' Day
11/15 - Leeds PTO Meeting @6:30
11/16 Picture Retake Day
11/18 PTO Movie Night @6:00PM
11/23 Early Release Day - K-5 at 11:30 / No session 2 for Preschool
11/24-11/25 Thanksgiving Break
12/6 - Leeds School Council Meeting @6:30
12/7 - Early Release Day - K-5 at 11:30 / No session 2 for Preschool
12/23 through 1/2/2023 No School - Holiday Break
1/3/2023 School resumes
Click here for the most up to date District calendar.
Gabrielle Hollender, Early Bird/Late Bird Afterschool Coordinator
Chris Wenz, Principal