The SCS Wednesday News Brief
September 13, 2017
- SCS Music Night! Instrumental Petting Zoo September 25th: Parents and students in grades 4-8 come explore this new opportunity for our students at SCS. Homework passes will be given to all students that attend!
- Upcoming Virtus Training for potential Parent Volunteers: Virtus Training on Wednesday October 11 at St. Margarets Church from 5 to 7pm
- Our students have been providing us with a lot of positive feedback regarding our new lunch provider, No Fuss Lunch! Please be sure to check out this brief video clip to learn more about the company: https://vimeo.com/181303597 Parents, a reminder that lunch must be ordered online, in advance.
- No Aftercare Monday September 18th: our building will be used after school for a safety drill conducted by the local police departments, we apologize for any inconvenience
Volunteering at SCS: Lunch/Recess Duty Sign ups:
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/PnzLFZz
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the PTA
You will also receive an email directly from Signup.com in case you are having trouble with the above link.
Any questions please reach out to Kathleen firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at SCS: Want to be a Meal Baby Parent?
Meal baby moms cook and deliver dinner to our SCS convent. We are always looking for more parents to help. If you would like more information please contact Eileen Tennyson at email@example.com or text her at 732-995-2744. Thank you!
9/15 PTA Pizza Day
9/18 No Aftercare: Police Department Safety Drill
9/25 Picture Day
9/25 SCS Music Night! Instrumental Petting Zoo 7:00 PM
9/28 Back to School Night 6:00 PM
9/29 PTA Pizza Day
To view all upcoming events on the SCS Calendar, please click here: http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/Calendar/
See photos below, Mrs. Francis takes part in a STEM PD opportunity
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION SEPT. 15-OCT. 12
OLYMPIC NIGHT REGISTRATION SEPT. 13-SEPT. 30
PRACTICES-OCT 2 & OCT 4 5-6:30 SCS SCHOOLYARD
OLYMPIC NIGHT TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10
6:00 p.m. ANTRIUM SCHOOL PT PLEASANT
SCS REGULATIONS REGARDING PHYSICALS- REMINDER
NEW JERSEY STATE LAW STATES THE PRIMARY REPONSIBILITY FOR THE HEALTH OF A CHLD RESTS WITH THE PARENT/GUARDIAN AND THEIR
FAMILY PHYSICIAN OR PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
ALL STUDENTS WHO WISH TO TRY OUT OR PARTICIPATE ON ANY ATHLETIC TEAM MUST HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL.
SPORTS PHYSICALS ARE GOOD FOR ONLY 1YEAR AND MUST BE SUBMITTED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. THERE ARE 3 SPORTS SEASONS(FALL, WINTER, SPRING).
NO CHILD IS PERMITTED TO TRYOUT OR PRACTICE FOR A SPORT WITHOUT A COMPLETED PHYSICAL APPROVED BY THE NURSE AND PRINCIPAL.
ALL PHYSICALS MUST BE GIVEN TO MRS. KULAGA TO TRYOUT OR PRACTICE.
SCS CHRISTMAS 5 K RUN
Please see the attached flyer and sponsorship forms. The Raceroster will be made alive today. A special thanks to Patrick Dolan for creating a new website for the SCS Christmas 5K.com. We are so lucky to have our students being a part of this special event for the Athletics at SCS.