Follett Maintenance Price Increase
RILINK Joins RIDE's ECN Network
Are CultureGrams & Exploring Nature IP Authenticating at Your School?
Please request an update from your district technology department that includes any local public IP addresses used by students and teachers using the RILINK Help Request Form so we can resolve the issue.
- Main Menu options In Destiny Discover were updated as follows:
- The Destiny option is now called Destiny Back Office to more clearly identify the purpose of the link. It still goes to what we have known as Destiny's Classic version.
- The Setup option in Destiny Discover is now called Admin to match the renamed Discover Admin page
- The administrative part of Destiny Discover, formerly known as Follett Digital Setup, is now called Discover Admin. The update reflects the function of this area and provides a more consistent experience throughout Destiny®.
View complete details at https://guides.rilink.org/destiny175.
- Limit access to Collections for various roles in Destiny Discover. For example, limit elementary school students to only elementary collections in other schools in RILINK. Something to consider: this could also be done on a RILINK-wide basis. Send email to email@example.com if you think this would be a good idea.
- Edit any Collection when you are signed in as an Administrator for your site and set the collaborators for the collection.
- Pin a Collection so patrons see it at the beginning of the carousel. Collections may be pinned for a specific length of time as well as scheduled.
- Sign up for monthly webinar/ Q and A on the last Friday of every month at 3:00 pm EST by visiting the Follett Community Webinar Series page to find out about new and upcoming changes for Destiny Discover.
New Search Options
Filter by Sublocation
Images Now Displayed for Collections
Host Site Needed for May Inventory Workshop
New KRARI Selection for 2020
RILINK Schools Highlights and Announcements
Using LibGuides CMS for Elementary School Websites
Take a look at these sites to see how they are "getting the word" out to their school community using LibGuides.
Greenbush Elementary School in West Warwick
Capt. Isaac Paine Elementary School in Foster
Lincoln Central Elementary School in Lincoln
Want to view more examples? Visit https://guides.rilinkschools.org.
REMINDER: Housecleaning of Assets Scheduled for Summer 2020
RILINK Schools currently has over 60, 000 Assets (links, widgets, documents, etc.) in its system. Of those, over 20,000 are not being used. An unused asset is indicated by a zero (0) under the Mapping column. One member librarian went in recently and realized she had over 900 Assets not being used. She was very grateful to hear she didn't have to delete them manually.
Springshare will do a mass delete of the unused Assets for us. This mass delete will be scheduled for July 2020. Want to check how many you have? Directions are available on the RILINK Schools Winter Newsletter.
RILINK Summer Conference 2020
Mark Your Calendars
Request for Proposals
Please share this form with any potential presenters for the conference.