Ms. Ajmera's Class
Inspiring Students To Think with Depth and Complexity
May 1, 2015
- In language arts we have continued with our novel studies, grammar, analogies and weekly philosophy discussion.
- In math after three days of competing in a very close match we crowned Sam, Katarina and Andrew as our Math-lete champions. They will be rewarded with a catered lunch next Tuesday and Thursday.
- In science students continued working on their menus. We have a special lesson about the periodic table taught by Ms. Tyro on Monday.
- In geography students continued getting stamps in their passports. We have Europe and Africa left. We will be wrapping up with a final project.
- In technology students are working on the robotics unit.
- If you have any full size empty cereal boxes please send them to school. We are collecting them for our culminating geography project.
- We will have an auction in class at the end of the month so the class can spend their Brain Bucks. If you have any gently used items you would like to donate for the class auction please send them in over the next two weeks.
- All students have been invited by Mrs. Wang, to go on a field trip to a Chinese restaurant. They will get the chance to order in Chinese. This special field trip is planned for Friday, May 15th.
- Innovation Expo is on Friday, May 8 1:00-2:30
- ERB test reports will be sent home with the students the week of May 11th-15th.