News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - November 13, 2020
Thank you Veterans!
Wednesday, November 18th: PTO Virtual General Meeting 7PM ~ Click here to join our live event on 11/18 at 7PM!
Wednesday, November 25th: No school - teacher in-service
Thursday, November 26th - Friday, November 27th: CBSD Closed - Thanksgiving Break
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
Giving Project update
Just a reminder, if you would like to donate a gift card, we ask that you click on the sign-up genius to select the type of card you will purchase on your own. Choices include gift cards from Wawa, Giant, Amazon, CVS, Walmart, or Gas cards. Sign-ups will remain private (other than to Mrs. Sleicher & Mrs. Adelman). Please return gift cards no later than November 20th.
We’ll also be hosting a food drive to collect items for families in need. Students who attend school can bring the item in to put in a classroom bin. Students who are virtual learners can participate if they choose, by dropping off items into bins we will have placed in our atrium lobby. Please return all food items no later than December 8th. Attached is the list of food items assigned to each homeroom.
We thank you again for your generosity and for sharing the spirit of giving this holiday season.
Warwick Elementary School
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Central Bucks School District Veterans Recognition Project
If you or someone you know graduated or worked for the Central Bucks School District and served in the United States Armed Forces, consider registering for this very special program today. The mission of the Central Bucks School District Veterans Recognition Project is to honor the military service of all CBSD alumni and employees. The project committee is made up of Central Bucks students, veteran alumni, teachers, and administrators.
Thank you for joining us in our campaign to bring history to life for our students, and to honor all those who served in our CB community. Please visit the program website at https://www.cbsd.org/veterans.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.