March 8, 2019
Weather Make-Up Day:Monday, March 11 is now a
full day of school (previously late start).
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead this weekend.
On Thurs., March 14, students will be dismissed two hours early for parent/teacher conferences.
This begins our spring break. School resumes on Wed., March 20.
Knoxville CSD Make-Up Days
In case you missed it: Here is our plan for make-up days as of 2.26.2019. All calendars have been updated on our website to reflect the schedule changes:
- Academic Calendar (one page)
- District Calendar (choose from multiple format options; view in web browser or via the Google Calendar mobile app)
As a reminder, our 2019-2020 Academic Calendar is also posted to help you plan for next year.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa @ the district office at 641-842-6551 opt. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Teacher Signs Off
Hello Panther Nation,
As my last week student teaching comes to an end at Knoxville High School, I would like to thank everyone for giving me such a good experience. My experience here has taught me many important lessons that have prepared me well for when I have my own classroom one day. I have had a blast getting to know all the students and staff I had the pleasure to work with. I hope everyone continues to have a great school year and finish strong. I wish everyone the best!
Senior Alert - Upcoming Scholarships
List of scholarships due in March in order of deadline:
- March 1 – Advantage Iowa Scholarship - https://diversity.uiowa.edu/awards/advantage-iowa-award
- March 1 – All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship - https://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/AllIowaOpportunityScholarship
- March 1 – American Chemical Society Scholars - https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/funding-and-awards/scholarships/acsscholars.html
- March 1 – Aureon Network Services Scholarship Program - https://pages.aureon.com/acton/media/18184/scholarship
- March 1 – Ellen Mason Persina/National Press Club - https://www.press.org/about/scholarships/diversity
- March 1 – Elevate Advance Manufacturing Scholarship - https://www.elevateiowa.com/about/elevate-scholarship-program
- March 1 – Gov. Terry Branstad Iowa State Fair Scholarship - https://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/IowaStateFairScholarship
- March 1 – Grand Lodge of Iowa Scholarships - https://grandlodgeofiowa.org/grand-lodge/awards/
- March 1 – Guardian Scholars Foundation - http://www.guardianscholarsfoundation.org/
- March 1 – Hills Bank & Trust Leadership Grant - https://www.hillsbank.com/leadershipgrant
- March 1 – Iowa Arts Council Scholarship - https://iowaculture.gov/arts/opportunities/arts-recognition/iowa-scholarship-for-the-arts
- March 1 – Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation for Education Automotive Scholarship - http://www.iada.com/FoundationForEducation.aspx
- March 1 – Iowa Farm Bureau Scholarship - https://www.iowafarmbureau.com/
- March 1 – Jeannette Ranking Women’s Scholarship - https://rankinfoundation.org/
- March 1 – Matthew Shepard Scholarship - http://www.eychanerfoundation.org/
- March 1 – Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program - http://www.nhhsp.org/
- March 1 – Print & Graphics Scholarship Foundation - https://pgsf.org/application-information-instructions/
- March 1 – The Joe Halbur Scholarship - http://www.ianpage.20m.com/JoeHalbur.html
- March 2 – Ascentra Credit Union Scholarship - https://www.ascentra.org/resources/ascentra-scholarship-competition
- March 7 – Higher Education & Ministry Scholarships - https://www.gbhem.org/loans-and-scholarships/scholarships/list-scholarships
- March 13 – Traditional Scholarship - https://www.iacommunicationsall.org/scholarships
- March 15 – AUSA’s Rock Island Arsenal Chapter Scholarship - https://www.ausa.org/chapters/rock-island-arsenal-chapter
- March 15 – FFBC Scholarship Program - https://www.ffbciowa.org/scholarships.php
- March 15 – Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Scholarship – http://www.hooverpresidentialfoundation.org/index.php
- March 15 – Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Program Scholarship - https://application.horatioalger.org/Security/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- March 15 – Leonard M. Perryman Communications Scholarship - http://www.umcom.org/about/leonard-m-perryman-scholarship
- March 18 – Generation Google - https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship/#!?detail-content-tabby_activeEl=overview
- March 21 – Islamic Scholarship Fund - https://islamicscholarshipfund.org/scholarships/
- March 22 – Southwest Iowa Foundation Scholarship - https://sites.google.com/site/swiowaef/application
- March 30 – LDA-IA - http://ldaiowa.org/
- March 28 – REACH Educational Grant Program - http://programs.applyists.com/reach/
- March 28 – Work Ethic Scholarship Program - https://www.mikeroweworks.org/scholarship/
- March 30 – Iowa Hospital Scholarship - http://www.iowahospitalscholarships.org/
- March 31 – HBA Scholarship Program - http://hbaiowa.org/about-the-hba-iowa/scholarship-information/
- March 31 – LNESC - https://www.lnesc.org/
- March 31 – LULAC 10 Scholarship - http://www.lulac10.org/?page_id=5
- March 31 – Mesothelioma Alliance Scholarship - https://www.mesothelioma.com/scholarship/
- March 31 – P. Buckley Moss Society Scholarship - http://mossfoundation.org/current_scholarships.html
- March 31 – Young American Patriotic Art Contest - https://vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships/young-american-creative-patriotic-art-contest/
If you have any questions about the scholarship process, or any other part of your journey, give us a call at 877-272-4692 or email ICAN@ICANsucceed.org.
7th Grade ELA
School Library News
Second Grade Updates
Soup Can Drive
Notifications for School Delays & Cancellations
In order to receive notifications regarding weather cancellations and/or delays or changes to district activities, please subscribe to the GovDelivery service. Signing up is easy at: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/IAEDU3375/subscriber/new. Screenshots are pictured below of the subscription process. If you need assistance, please contact: Lisa.Willis@kcsd.k12.ia.us or 641-842-6551 opt 1.
Flu Guide for Parents
Information and Happenings from our Community Partners
To Purchase & Customize Your Yearbook
Must be a parent or student 13 years or older.
Enter your school’s passcode: 1015064502971783
Regular Price: $18.00 Deadline: Apr 9
The City of Knoxville will be hosting a free, 6-week leadership course that gives city residents an opportunity to learn more about their local government, encouraging individuals to be more informed and inspired to effectively become more involved in our community.
The Knoxville Leadership Academy is limited to 15 participants and applications are due by 12:00 pm Thursday – March 21, 2019.
Application forms are available on the city website http://www.knoxvilleia.gov or can be picked up at city hall. If you have questions or would like to obtain an application form, please contact Heather Ussery at 641-828-0550.
Marion County Public Health
KCSD ADMIN. OFFICE
Stay connected by frequenting our website or following us on social media!
- High School: www.facebook.com/KHSPanthers/ & twitter.com/KHS_Panthers
- Middle School: www.facebook.com/PanthersKMS/ & twitter.com/Panthers_KMS
- Northstar: www.facebook.com/NorthstarElementary/ & twitter.com/MrKeitges
- West: www.facebook.com/knoxvillewestelementary/ & twitter.com/pantherswest
Rate us on greatschools.org!