Article 37 Salary Credits


Teachers enrolled in district-sponsored professional development courses that are available for graduate credits can opt to earn FPS salary credits for a fee of seventy-five dollars credit.

For courses that have additional workload requirements for graduate credits, the same expectation will hold for salary credits. Salary credits may be used by employees to move across lanes, but are not transferable if a teacher leaves the district.

Q: How do I know if a course is a "district-sponsored professional development course"?

A: District-sponsored means the District is providing funding for you to participate in the course. That course must be eligible for graduate credits. You are choosing not to obtain the graduate credits offered by that course due to cost and instead are opting to pay $75 per credit, complete all the work that would have been required had you taken the course for credits, and submit proof of completion.

Q: How do I pay for salary credits?

A: Make your check payable to the City of Framingham. You will need proof of cost, proof of payment, and cost description.

Q: What else do I need to submit?

A: You will need to submit proof of cost (i.e. a canceled check), a completion certificate from your instructor, and the work you produced.

Q: Is this eligible for tuition reimbursement?

A: No, since you are not receiving graduate credits for taking the course.

Q: I am trying to submit the form but cannot find the course. Why?

A: Only courses that are eligible for Article 37 are listed in this form. If you do not see the course listed on this form, that means that such course is not eligible under this provision.

Q: What about workshops?

A: Workshops are not eligible under this provision.

Q: Can I use these credits for step movement (Leve II and Level III)?

A: Unfortunately not, this credits can only be used for a lane change.

Q: Who do I apply for Salary Credits?

A: Please got to TalentEd Records --> Blank Docs --> Article 37 Salary Credits Application and follow the prompts.

Q: How do I know which courses are eligible under this article?

A: Only eligible courses will be listed on the Article 37 Salary Credits Application.

Q: When it is time for me to move lanes, what do I do?

A: When this Form is approved, you will be notified in TalentEd Records. Print it out and submit it along with your other transcripts when you move lanes by using the Lane Change Request Form.