W.I.N. Weekly Staff Newsletter
What I Need To Know @ Clark Academy
A Message From Interim Principal Dr. Binyard
WE'RE ROLLING IN TO PROGRESS REPORTS THIS WEEK
1. This week, please ensure that your students have the opportunity to revisit missed assignments and any assignment they received a 79% or below in.
2. All assignments for this progress window should be submitted by close of business Wednesday. If you have students who need to take their chrome books home to meet the deadline please allow them to do so. If a student turns it in on Thursday, that grade will go in for the report card. Please don't waiver, we have to give deadlines and be firm. Within their career or college they will have deadlines. Let's place them on the trajectory of success!
3. Progress Reports will go out Friday, September 23rd. In addition, the leadership team will be meeting with all "New Discovery" students to support them with getting back on the
"WIN"NING path of behavior expectations. We will also reach out to parents to revisit the expectations of the cell phone free teaching and learning environment.
4. Continue to send the New Discovery Notifications as we're following the progressive discipline plan to ensure accountability, as well.
5. Last week we changed dismissal to one class at a time. This week we will resume our normal dismissal procedures.
6. This week, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we will move students via announcements, one final week.
7. Again, all students will go to homeroom first, teachers, please take attendance and then we will make the announcements.
8. Teacher leaders, please take attendance within the first 15 minutes of each class period.
9. Please welcome Mr. Vera King to our special education team.
10. Please revisit the duty roster, we've made a few changes.
11. This week, remember to join us in the conference room on Tuesday and Wednesday. We will finalize our Interview Rubric and form our Interview Teams.
Thank you for being the leaders that you are!!!
📆 UPCOMING EVENTS
Fun Facts From Nurse Debbie!
~ Days to More Fruit and Veggies ~
As Summer winds to an end, Fall is a time for Harvest. September is many things to many people, including 5-a-Day Month, Fruit and Vegetable Month, and even Organic Harvest Month! Since most people struggle to get the recommended five to nine servings of produce each day, these tips will help you add more fruits and vegetables to your diet--and enjoy every bite!
1) Don't Toss It!!! If produce is about to go bad, freeze it for later use in smoothies, batters, soup, and stir-fry instead of throwing it out.
2) Keep Them In Sight!!! Store fruits and vegetables on the top shelf of the fridge, or on the kitchen counter or table in a colorful arrangement. If you see them, you will eat them more often.
3) Try The Salad Bar!!! Take advantage of your grocery salad bar, which provides pre-cut varieties of fruit, vegetables, and beans. Eat them as snacks or toss into a salad with less prep time.
4) Create Your Own Yogurt!!! Add a serving of your favorite fruits, like berries or peaches, to yogurt to boost your fruit intake for the day. The combinations are endless!
5) Cook An Omelet!!! Add flavor (and nutrition) to your morning eggs with veggies. Try onions, potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red peppers and more for a colorful, flavorful breakfast.
6) Snack On Raw Vegetables And Fruits Instead Of Chips And Pretzels!!! When you have them on hand, making healthy snack choices becomes easy. Keep sugar snap peas, raisins and carrots in your car, office or backpack.
7) Make Extra!!! When cooking vegetables, make 2-3 times more than you need. Store the extra away for tomorrow. You'll be more likely to eat them when they're convenient to prepare.
🏆 COLLEAGUE OF THE WEEK
Congratulations and Farewell, Mr. Shields!
With a smile on his face, and a helpful and caring demeanor, he easily makes everyone feel valued.
We will truly miss his presence in and around our school halls, but his imprint upon the hearts of our students, faculty and staff will never be forgotten.
Thank you Mr. Shields for just being YOU and we wish you all the best in your new position!
For next week's Colleague of the Week. please submit your nomination to AP Robinson by Friday morning.