A PRINCIPAL UPDATE FOR OUR CHANDLER FAMILIES
Save the Date!
3/6-3/10- Spring Break- No School
3/13- Chick Fil Spirit Day
3/16- 4th, 5th and 6th Grade AIM Field Trip
3/16- Eagles on the Move Destination Night- 4:30-6pm
3/17- 6th Grade Field Trip to STEAM Center
3/17- Cheetah Champion Breakfast- 8am
3/20-3/24- Spring Book Fair
3/21- Morning Treats with Someone Sweet- 7am
3/23- Art Night and Empty Bowls Fundraiser- 5:30pm
4/4- Chick Fil A Spirit Day
4/4- Spring Individual and Class Pictures
4/6- Baseball and The Master's Opening Day- Wear baseball or golf attire!
4/7- School Holiday
4/10- School Holiday
4/13- 1st Grade Field Trip to STEAM Center
4/17-4/28- 5th Grade selling flowers for Teacher Appreciation Week (before school)
4/17-4/21- Volunteer Appreciation Week
4/17- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast- 8am
4/18- Empowered Leaders Field Trip to Collin County Adventure Park
4/18- General PTA Meeting/ 2nd Grade Performance- 5:30pm
4/25- STAAR Testing- Reading (grade 3-6) NO LUNCH VISITORS
4/27- Kindergarten Field Trip to the STEAM Center
Want to be more involved with partnering with us and your child's education? Join Parents United!
We are looking for parents who want to partner with teachers to encourage, inspire, and grow our students as well as support teachers in various ways. We send out a weekly sign up with volunteer opportunities (work with small group of students, copy, laminate, lunch duty, help in library), this allows you to choose areas you are interested or feel comfortable. This can change from week to week. If interested, please read through the volunteer handbook linked below then sign and return the last page.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Elizabeth Williams or Jenny Capehart.
Ways to Get Involved
- JOIN PTA!!!
- Like us on Facebook: @chandlerelementaryPTA
- Like us on Twitter: @CC_PTA, @cheetahchandler, @ChandlerPrin
- Like us on Instagram: @chandlerelementarypta
- Volunteer! To volunteer, complete a Criminal History Check online at www.allenisd.org each year.
- Contact your child's teacher or sign up to volunteer through the Chandler PTA.
Chandler Car Decals For Sale $5
Help support Chandler Elementary and show your school spirit at the same time! PTA is selling these Chandler Elementary car tags for $5 each. Every penny of this purchase goes back to Chandler PTA to help students! Car decals can be purchased on PTA's website in the "Spirit Wear Store": https://chandlerpta.membershiptoolkit.com/home
Kindergarten Enrollment Opens on March 1st!
5th Grade Orchestra Instrument Selection and Sizing Night
Parents, please review the Instrument Selection Letter for information on how and when to get an orchestra instrument.
Hello 5th Grade Families,
This information is for 5th grade students who selected orchestra as their music class for next year: violin, viola, cello or bass. Please delete this message if your student is enrolling in band or choir. Please email Valerie Curry (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be removed from the mailing list. We encourage you to read through this email carefully before reaching out to a teacher with a question.
We look forward to meeting all of you on Tuesday, March 21st for Orchestra Instrument Selection night at Ford! Students will try the instruments of the orchestra; an Allen ISD orchestra teacher will take you to each station to see them all. We appreciate your patience; we want to ensure each family makes a decision they are comfortable with when selecting an instrument. We are expecting a large volume of families; to make the evening run as smoothly as possible, we appreciate your help with the following:
Come in through Door 20 of Ford Middle School (630Park Place Drive).
Please arrive at the following times, if possible:
● Last Name A-H: 5:00-6:00
● Last Name I-P: 6:00-7:00
● Last Name Q-Z: 7:00-8:00
Please click the link HERE to see a flyer!
Your child will try the instruments, and get measured for instrument size. Parents will receive information regarding 6th grade orchestra, supplies etc. at the meeting. If you would like to reserve an instrument for your student, order supplies, or if you have any other questions, representatives from Dallas Strings will be at Ford for selection night to help and answer your questions.
Students Taking Private Lessons:
IF YOU ALREADY PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, THERE IS NO NEED TO ATTEND THE MEETING ON
TUESDAY, March 21st. We will send information about 6th grade orchestra at a later date. This meeting is only for students who need to choose an instrument and need information about where to get an instrument and supplies.
Instead of attending, please send Mrs. Curry (email@example.com) a message with the following info:
1. Student Name and Elementary School for 2023-2024
2. Which instrument does your student play?
3. How long has your student played this instrument?
4. What is your student currently working on in their private lesson?
5. Name of Private Teacher
We look forward to meeting all of you soon!
Valerie Curry and Brandon Lucio
GATE Academy Informational Webinar- March 30th
The Gifted & Talented department will host a webinar for parents providing information on the GATE Academy at Vaughan Elementary and the lottery selection process for the 2023-2024 school year. This year’s informational meeting will be held via Zoom webinar on March 30, 2023 at 6:00 pm. Interested viewers may join using the link here. Registration is not required. The GATE Academy lottery is open to Allen ISD students currently in grades K-5 who are already identified for gifted/talented services.
Grayson College Interest Survey
Please fill out the survey below to help us gauge class sizes and times for our Adult ESL classes that will be offered through Grayson College at Dillard Special Achievement Center.
Summer Kids Club Registration Opens on April 17th!
Summer Kids Club registration will open on April 17, 2023. We are working on an exciting calendar of events and activities for our students! More details to come soon!
GOGUARDIAN PARENT APP
- Doors will open at 7:30 AM for arrival.
- School begins at 7:45 AM.
- Please ensure your child is arriving with plenty of time to get to class. Instructional minutes begin at 7:45 AM.
- If your child arrives after 7:45 AM, you will need park and sign them in at the front office.
Eating Breakfast at Chandler
- If you child is having breakfast, they will need to arrive no later than 7:30 AM.
Student Personal Items
- Please, please, please put your child's name on their personal items.
- We recommend using the initial of the first name and the full last name. (Ex: Bobbie Allen)
- If your child misplaces something and their name is on it, we will do everything we can to get it back to them.
- Suggested items you put their names on:
- Water bottle
- Student will be the ones that pass the invitations or items out
- Invitations must be shared with either the whole class or all boys or all girls...we don't want to leave people out. If they don't want to invite all these people, your child will need to pass them out on their own time outside of the school day.
- Digital invitations are a great option, but teachers may not share invitations with parents or provide you with email addresses to do so. If you join PTA, a directory with some of this information will be shared soon.
- Goodie bags or treats need to be shared with all students.
- We highly recommend all items be individually wrapped. This makes it so much easier for the students.
- Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their own children in a designated area beginning on Sept. 6th.
We ask that all lunch visitors sign up on our "Lunch Visitors Sign Up" at least 24 hours in advance. This helps our overall operations here when teachers know that you will be meeting your student and they send them to join you during their lunch time.
We also do not allow parents to join their students for lunch on state testing days.
We do have specific days in which we ask for no lunch visitors.
When you arrive for lunch, make sure you bring your photo ID. You will need to sign in with the receptionist and then proceed to the designated room.
For security purposes and to avoid hurt feelings of other students, only your student will be allowed to sit with you.
You are welcome to bring in an outside meal for your student and/or yourself only.
If purchasing a tray, please have your child order your meal at the beginning of the day in order to have enough food prepared.
We will have expectations that need to be followed, and at no time will lunch visit any other locations on campus other than the designated space for lunch.
REMINDER- Please keep your child home from school if they are feeling sick. Students must be fever free WITHOUT the use of fever reducing medications for at least 24 hours before they may return to school. We want to keep all our Chandler Cheetahs healthy!
PARENTS- if you have any clothes your children have outgrown, please consider donating them to the clinic. We are low on our supply of extra clothes. Thank you!
2022-2023 Health and Safety Guidelines
The district will continue to monitor the guidance of local, county, and state health agencies to ensure we find an appropriate balance of health and safety procedures that afford us the opportunity to also ensure high levels of student learning.
Allen ISD’s health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the 2022-2023 school year are located on the district website. These protocols are subject to change based upon additional Texas Education Agency guidance.
Chick Fil A Spirit Day - MONDAY, March 13th - Stacy Road location
Please note the date change from our typical Tuesday Spirit Day to the MONDAY we return from Spring Break! We hope you are able to stop by for an easy meal or treat which will help us earn more money for Kids Against Hunger! Be sure to mention "DINING FOR CHANDLER" and we'll receive a portion of your total.
Attention 6th Graders - FMS Mascot Tryout Meeting
If you are interested in trying out to be the Ford Mustang Mascot for 2023-2024, please attend an informational meeting (parent & student) on April 6th from 4:30-5:00pm at the FMS Library. Tryouts are April 11th from 4:00-5:00pm in the FMS Library. Contact FMS Cheer Coach Ingle at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Thank you to everyone that signed up for the Eagle Run!
- We won 1st place out of all the schools which means we will have a week-long of special surprise in late March.
- Be on the lookout for the calendar that will tell you everything you need to know about that week.
- See you all next year to see if we can repeat for the 3rd time.
- Thank you to all that help raise money for the American Heart Association.
- As a school we were able to raise $7730.45, which was above our goal of $6000.
- The prizes have been ordered and will be delivered in late April.
- I do want to give a shout out to one of our students that raised $1001.25 on his own! Way to go Kellen!
- On Monday, we did recognize the top fund raiser in each grade level and then the top 5 out of the whole school.
- Thank you again for your time and donations that helped us meet and exceed our goal. We will see you next year to hopefully raise just as much.
Notes From Music
4th and 5th grade students need to bring their recorders to music. We will start when we come back from spring break!
2nd grade musical performance is Tuesday, April 18th!
5th grade students who chose BAND OR ORCHESTRA- be on the look out for an email from the Ford MS directors about instrument try-outs.
Check out resources and ebooks for Read Across America.
The Allen Public Library has fun times planned this month including a Superhero Party, STEM Stations, and a Little Librarians event for children, as well as Cosplay and craft programs for teens. Here are March event links for Children and Teens.
Our Cheetahs have done a fantastic job of taking care of library books this year! We do have some books that are several weeks overdue. Please help us round up some of these overdue books so that others can enjoy them too. We do not charge fines for overdue books. Students can also renew books for longer in through Follett Destiny in the portal or by stopping by the library.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Location: Chandler Elementary School, Water Oak Drive, Allen, TX, USA