Paw Prints - October 2023
Kerens Elementary School
All t-shirts will be white Gildan brand and have the Turkey Design on the front with sponsors on the back. If you are unable to purchase a T-shirt, please wear a white T-shirt for the color run.
Our 2nd Annual Turkey Trot Color Run is approaching, and we have NEW and exciting additions. Be a BOBCAT BACKER and have your logo featured on our event t-shirts. Please contact Mrs. Keele for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-242-6087.
Dates to Remember October 2023
- October - Spanish Heritage Month, Anti-Bullying Month, and Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- October 2: 2nd Annual Turkey Trot - T-shirt Order Forms Go Home
- October 3: National Custodian Day
- October 5: PICTURE DAY
- October 6: PINK OUT - Wear Pink in Support of Breast Cancer Awareness
- October 8-14: Fire Safety Week
- October 12-13, 16: Fall Mini Break - NO SCHOOL
- October 11: End of First Nine Weeks
- October 17: First Day of Second Nine Weeks
- October 15-21: School Bus Safety Week
- October 19: Unity Day - Anti-Bully Wear ORANGE - Student Assembly
- October 20: T-Shirt Order Form for 2022 Turkey Trot Due Today!
- October 20: Camo Day - Show your Bobcat Pride
- October 20: Fist Bump Friday, Pep Rally, and Senior Night
- October 20, 23, 24: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 21: Cotton Harvest Festival
- October 22-28: Red Ribbon Week: Be Kind To Your Mind
- October 24: KONA ICE
- October 26: PTO Meeting at 5:30, Elementary School
- October 31: Pumpkin Carving Contest, PK-K Halloween Parade On Campus
PTO FUNDRAISER - BIG KAHUNA
For more information about the Kerens Health Clinic and up-to-date information from Nurse Speelman, visit the Kerens Health Clinic. Click on the button above.
WEAR ORANGE to show unity for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion and to send a visible message that NO child should ever experience bullying.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGE PROCEDURES @ KES
ALL changes must be made through the elementary office.
Parents should make transportation changes for students by 2:00 p.m.
Changes made during the day will be recorded on a transportation change form and distributed to teachers at 2:15 p.m.
Mode of transportation for Kerens Elementary students shall only change with written notification from the office.
KONA ICE October 24th @ KES
Red Ribbon Week Message to Parents
Want a fun way to start or continue the conversation about drugs with your children AND have a chance to win an iPad? National Family Partnership is sponsoring a photo contest. This contest is free and straightforward and you could win an iPad and $1,000 for our school!! Log onto www.redribbon.org and find out more!
Mrs. Misty Blue, Counselor
Red Ribbon Week - October 23-27
Did You Know
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH - CITIZENSHIP
- October 2-13: Respect for Authority
- October 15-20: Freedom from Prejudice
- October 23-27: Justice
- October 30-November 3: Fairness
COLOR OF THE MONTH - ORANGE