Learning Coach Academy
Virtual Support for Learning Coaches!
About Learning Coach Academy
We've launched a new virtual support resource for parents called Learning Coach Academy!
Learning Coach Academy exists to build a community of Learning Coaches / Parents, who can learn together and learn from each other, so that they can better educate their scholars at home. Learning Coach Academy is designed to provide relevant and meaningful training videos along with a collaborative community of Learning Coaches and staff.
Learning Coaches will watch training videos and answer questions within a ParentSquare group. There will be (1) training and (1) question per week for 10 weeks.
Whether your family is new to Compass or a returning family we want YOU to join us for Learning Coach Academy!
Why Join Learning Coach Academy?
Earn a certificate! Learning coaches who complete 10 Academy Sessions and actively participate in the Learning Coach Academy Support Group are provided with certificates to acknowledge the time and effort put forth to complete the requirements of the Learning Coach Academy.
Discover new ways to better support your scholar's learning experience.
Connect with other learning coaches to create a reliable support group.
Dates and Topics
- First Cohort will start the week of January 13 and conclude the week of March 16
- Additional cohorts will support newly enrolled learning coaches/families
- To inquire about joining a later cohort, please email Rebecca MacAlpine at email@example.com
- Back to School Night (Online and Options)
- Internet Safety
- Motivating Your Scholar
- Attendance Overview
- Online - How to Prepare for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Options - How to Prepare for Connection Meetings
- State Testing Overview
- Social Emotional Learning
- How to Help your Child be Successful
- Preparing for College and Career.