SMS Trojan News
January 27th - January 31st
Thank you to everyone for a great first semester! Most classes this second semester should stay the same, but elective/exploration options - as well as some minor shifts - may still occur. Please have your student report to the Gym tomorrow morning for a hard-copy of their schedule. Similar to the start of the school year, we will have student schedules in the Gym for students to pick up. PowerSchool should also be updated with new schedules as well.
Teachers had a grading day on Friday to wrap everything up. We will be sending home semester grades this week. Be on the lookout for those, and be sure to check with your student to see if they met their goal for grades!
Congratulations to 8th grade student Garrison Gove for beating out the talented competition in South Middle's 2020 Geography Bee. He will go on to compete in the regional competition for a chance to represent the state of Oregon! Way to go, Garrison!
Also - a big congratulations to our Brain Bowl teams this year. They defeated Lorna Byrne last week and will travel to Hanby to take them on their talented team this week. Wrestling and girls basketball continues this week with more matches and games! Come on out and support the awesome athletes we have here at South!
It will be out last day to turn in any fundraiser monies this Wednesday morning. Students can turn in their money and order at the Student Store before school on Wednesday! Way to go and keep it up the last few days!
Grace and Peace,
- January 27th - Grades mailed home
- January 28th - School Board Meeting (District Office, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.)
- January 29th - Last day for Fundraiser Turn-Ins (Student Store, before school)
- January 31st - Popcorn for sale at lunches (Student Store, all lunches)
- January 31st - NMS/SMS Leadership Retreat
- February 6th - Parent Advisory Council (District Office, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.)
- February 11th - School Board Meeting (District Office, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
- February 14th - Shave Ice/Hot Cocoa for sale (All lunches)
- February 21st - February PTSA (Mr. Sale's Office, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.)
- February 26th - February Student of the Month Lunch (Mr. Sale's Office (12:30 - 1:00 p.m.)