The Preschool Press
February 17, 2022
A Note From the Director
It was a short week but a good one! We enjoyed sharing our love with classmates for Valentine's Day.
You may notice some extra activity in the building when you attend conferences this week. The Owl classroom flooring is being installed. We are excited the wait is finally over! Over the last several months, modifications to the landscape and drainage system have been done along the west side of ECDC. Our hope is these modifications will prevent any future flooding to the building. Thank you to the Owl teachers and parents for their patience during the project.
Please note there is no school Friday or next Monday.
Summer Play Days registration will begin March 1st. We will hold two, three week sessions on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 9am to 2pm.
Session One: June 6-June 24
Session Two: July 6-July 22
The cost is $50 per day. Children enrolling in PK3 next year may attend as long as they are potty trained. Questions? Contact Mrs. Bergner or Mrs. McGough.
Marquette will be in session on April 18th (Easter Monday), as a make-up day for the snow day.
Next Week at a Glance
No School-President's Day
Happy Birthday Father Elkin!
Donuts for Father Elkin's Birthday
Father Elkin's Birthday!
After School Art Class
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO