Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
December 11, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
December 16th- Field Trip to Central Library for Coding Fun!
December 18th Market Day (see below)
December 18th Holiday Party
December 21-Jan 4 Holiday Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 3 Music
- Tuesday- Day 4 Art
- Wednesday- Day 5 PE
- Thursday- Day 6 Music
- Friday- Day 1 Art
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
Social Studies- Economy- Market Day
Our Economy Unit has been so much fun and has taught the students so much about how the economy works.
Students have been busy writing a business plan, discussing marketing and making an advertisement to be included in a catalogue for 3rd grade. They made a prototype, made modifications if needed and then began production.
We have our culminating activity on Friday...MARKET DAY!! They are so excited and proud of their hard work!
Elephants All Around!
Hour of Code
- We will be looking at the difference between facts and opinions. We will read lots of persuasive articles to find different facts and opinions.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about long division. Please continue to practice math facts at home. Some children will be frustrated with the concept of division- please continue to encourage them. They will get it!
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to explore persuasive writing and its key components
- We will view a debate and discuss how a debate works
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.