2019 Elementary Summer School
Accelerated Instruction, June 3rd-June 27th
21st Century, June 3rd-July 12th
All K-5th Grade RISD at-risk students recommended by their campus
Breakfast will be served 8:00am-8:30am and lunch will be provided.
Accelerated instruction will be provided in ELAR and Math for Kinder-5th grade.
21st Century will also provide enrichment programs from 8:30am-3:00pm, available through July 12th (off July 4th) for those not required to attend summer school. Enrichment programs such as STEM, One Book One School, and many fun activities will be provided.
Who Can Attend?
- All Kindergarten through 5th grade students at-risk and recommended by their campus (still developing on TPRI, or did not pass their grade level or missed significant instruction during the previous year.)
- Students that did not meet the Approaches Grade Level Standard on STAAR.
- Some PK4 Bilingual and K-5 Migrant students will also be included and contacted by their home campus to verify enrollment.
- Any student not meeting the at-risk guidelines may attend enrichment through July 12th. Monday-Thursday only June 3rd-July 12th. 8:30am-3:00pm. Breakfast and lunch provided.
One location for all students grade K-5
- Transportation is provided for bus students that are normally eligible to ride the bus route.
- For Lotspeich and San Pedro students needing transportation, they will be transported from their home campus to Robert Driscoll and back.
- Parents should drop students off at their home campus at 7:30am and pick them up by 1:30pm.
Regular Summer SchoolJune 3rd-June 27th, Monday through Thursday ONLY- No Fridays.
June 3rd-July 12th, Monday through Thursday- Friday field trip opportunities