Lewis and Clark
TEKS and Objective
- 5.1A, 5.4D, 5.8A
- The students will explore the journey of Lewis and Clark, and create their own journal entry as if they were a member of the expedition. The students will engage in technology by completing a simulation of Lewis and Clark's adventure.
- What is an Expedition? a journey to explore something for a purpose
- Louisiana Purchase in 1803
- Captain Meriwether Lewis and Lieutenant William Clark asked by President Thomas Jefferson to Explore new land for the United States. Told to look for new water way to Pacific Ocean and map out territory.
- Expedition from May 1804- Sept. 1806
- Their team was called the Corps of Discovery