Sunday, September 20, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We know that online learning continues to pose challenges, but we are grateful to our families, guardians, teachers, students and our support staff - even though this is hard, we are in it together, and I'm so impressed with how our community is pulling together!
Last Week of our Fundraiser!This week is the last week our PTC is hosting our fundraiser with Believe. We are so appreciative to the families who have been able to provide a contribution to our school or who encouraged their friends/families to contribute. These are strange times, and every little bit helps! It's not to late to participate in our the fundraiser at www.ShopFund.com.
Sami's Family Night Do Over!
Our students have been participating in a weekly physical education activity put together by Sami Kader of Sami's Circuit. Part of Sami's program is a monthly family night. The first one was last week - but Sami had unexpected technical issues (which we ALL understand!), so he's hosting a "do over" family night this Wednesday from 6-7 pm. You can get more details on our calendar at lces.wpusd.org or at www.samiscircuit.com/familynightcalendar.
Colt Pride Gear
We have a wonderful online Colt Pride Gear Store. It is open 24/7, and anything you order is shipped directly to your home. Check it out the online store here: https://lincolncrossingspiritwear.com/ and contact our PTC with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Week's Most Important Thing - Preparing to Return to School
In August, you made an initial choice for your child's learning. We are offering families the opportunity to adjust their choice for October 6-December 18. In early December, you'll have the opportunity to make another choice that begins in January 5.
- if you want to keep your original choice, you do not need to do anything.
- if you don't remember what you chose in August, please call our office (7:30am-4pm) at 916 434 5292 and we can let you know.
- if you want to change your choice, you need to submit this form (click HERE) before 6 pm on Monday, September 21, 2020.
You can get information about in person and interCONNECT learning via:
Musical Theater Workshop, Choir and Singing Clubs
LCE Musical Theater Workshop, Oct. 1-Dec. 3, 2020 for 4th and 5th Grade: This is the place to be if you love to perform, or if you would like to experience what performing and musical theater is all about. We will work on our singing, dancing, and acting skills and prepare a mini-show to debut in December! Rehearsals will begin Thursday, Oct.1 and meet weekly from 1:30-3 PM through Dec. 3. This registration form is due by Sept. 25 and it is available here: Musical Theater Workshop Registration. Please email Mrs. Adams if you have a conflict with the day and time, but would like to be part of this workshop.
LCES Singing Club: LCE Singing Club is for 2nd and 3rd Grade students who love to sing and meet new friends! Our goal will be to get lots of fun experience singing and working together online! We will meet virtually after school on Wednesday's from 1:30-2:15 PM, starting Sept. 30, when school is in session. Register by submitting the form below by Sept. 24. You will be sent an email with more information and the link for our meetings on Sept. 28.Singing Club Registration
All information regarding Choir, Singing Club, Musical Theater, and grade level music is available on Mrs. Adams website here: Mrs. Adams Music Notes
Please send any questions to Mrs. Adams at email@example.com.
Mindfulness Corner - Mindful Parenting during the Pandemic
Ms. St. John has been recording videos from the Colt Neighborhood designed to give our staff, families and students tools for their personal toolkit. Each week, during our weekly announcements, we publish a new tool. You can review all the tools on our YouTube Channel in the "Colt Neighborhood" playlist - check it out here.
We have three videos so far: using a Hoberman's Sphere for mindful breathing; learning about mindful listening using a chime; and using our mindful listening skills when opening up doors on campus. The videos are short and designed to give you a tool that you can implement right away!
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school. Check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- ADDED - Thurs., 10/1: Staff Work Day / no school
- Fri., 10/2-Mon., 10/5: Fall Break / no school
- Tues., 10/6: First Day of In Person or interCONNECT instruction
- CANCELLED - Mon., 11/2: Staff Work Day / WE WILL HAVE SCHOOL on 11/2
- Wed., 11/11: Veteran's Day / no school
- Mon., 11/16-Fri., 11/20: Conference Week (watch for details in late October!)
- Mon., 11/23-Fri., 11/27: Thanksgiving Break / no school
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher word days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
image from: https://hail.to/lochiel-primary/article/Asq6g95
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES