District-wide ENews Notes
February 9, 2023
Tues., Feb. 14 - District Health & Safety Committee Mtg., 3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 15 - Music Booster Club Mtg., H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
Mon., Feb. 20 - Fri., Feb. 24 - Winter Recess - No School
Mon., Feb. 27 - School Reopens
Mon., Feb. 27 - HFLEA Executive Committee Mtg., High School, 3:15 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 28 - Budget Study Session (followed by a regular BOE Mtg.), Middle School Discovery Lab., 6 p.m.
**NOTE: Please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Imagine Day at Manor School
Inside HF-L Winter 2023
Senior Citizens' Luncheon and Performance
Monroe All-County Music Festival
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected to represent HF-L at the Monroe All-County Music Festival, based on blind audition recordings and solo-festival scores. The festival is at West Irondequoit and the Eastman School of Music on March 3rd and 4th. These students will perform at 2:30 on Saturday, March 4th on the Eastman Kodak Hall Stage. (Tickets available)
Calvin Burke (Wind Ensemble)
Henry Burke (Orchestra)
Claire Connors (Chorus)
Maeve Connors (Chorus)
Owen Dack (Chorus)
Ellie Davis (Wind Ensemble)
Will Emerson (Chorus)
Maegan Frame (Chorus)
Kate Gabrielsen (Chorus)
Taber Gloor (Chorus)
Kaylee Henshaw (Chorus)
Alana Khona (Orchestra)
Paige Moscicki (Chorus)
Jenna Quinn (Chorus)
HF-L CSD Partners with Paper
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to continue its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library Ongoing Programs:
- Story Time Tuesdays, 10:00-10:30 AM Preschool Story Time at the Library open to preschoolers and their caregivers. Join Miss Kelly for songs, stories, and simple crafts each Tuesday.
- Paws to Relax Tuesdays, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Tech Training Wednesdays, 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Knit Nook Thursdays, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Mendon Public Library Special Programs
- Blackstorytelling League of Rochester, NY, Inc. at Mendon Public Library, Saturday, February 11, 2023, 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM. Commemorate Black History Month by joining the Blackstorytelling League of Rochester, NY, Inc. at the Mendon Public Library for a special afternoon of stories for all age
- Meditation Monday, Monday, February 13, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. In this interactive, Guided Meditation series, you won't have to be a master to experience this ancient art by having someone guide you through the process. You will learn what meditation really is and the effects it can have on the body. Everyone is welcome. Wear comfortable clothing.
- There's More to the Story, Thursday, February 16, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Patrons of all ages, join us for a fun, community art project. Please rsvp.
- Mendon Public Library's First Trashion Show for Tweens & Teens, Tuesday, 2/21/2023 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Tweens & Teens: Create your own fashion designs with what you can find in the library's recycling bin and strut your stuff on our red carpet. Take part in the Mendon Public Library’s Trashion Show on Tuesday, February 21, 2023 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Youth age 10 and up are invited to bring together fashion and sustainability to participate in this fashion show. Tweens & Teens can create and wear their newest, trendiest looks at the Mendon Public Library. Recycled materials will be provided, along with fashion books and ideas for inspiration. Prizes will be awarded. Registration is required.
- Storybook Touring Theatre Company Presents "The Rainbow Fish" Wednesday, 2/22/2023, 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM. Young kids and families are sure to enjoy this OFC Creations' Storybook Touring Theatre's production of Marcus Pfister's "The Rainbow Fish."
- Wednesday Travel Talk: Women in the Wilderness, Wednesday, 2/22/2023 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM.
- Imagine Day: Create Your Own Rube Goldberg Machine, Thursday, 2/23/2023 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
- There's More to the Story: MPL Stained Glass Window Mini Mural Project, Thursday, 2/23/2023 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM. Patrons of all ages, join us for a fun, community art project. "There's More to the Story": MPL's Stained Glass Window Mini Mural Project led by Rachel Anna DeVona.