TRMS Parent Newsletter
Back To School Update ~ August 2021
Open House - Open House for the 2021-2022 school year will be held August 19th from 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
First Day of School - Monday, August 23
First Day Of School is Monday, August 23, 2021
First Day of School - What do I need to know?
Where Do I Go, and What Do I Do?
- Building opens at 7:15 AM
- 6th Grade, 7th Grade, and 8th Grade students will report to the auditorium until 7:35 AM or report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will also have an opportunity for second chance breakfast. After 7:35 AM students will need to report to their homerooms.
- All Students: Throughout the building, there will be an alphabetical list of names on the wall. Students will find their name on their grade level list, and then find the name of their homeroom if they did not receive their schedule
Limited supplies needed for the first day of school
- Pen or pencil
- Please DO NOT bring all of your school supplies on the first day
First Day of School Reminders
- TRMS strives to maintain a welcoming, yet safe environment and to give superior customer service to our community. On the first day of school, please support our transition process, and allow your middle-schooler to enter the building independently, unless you are dropping off medication at the office or have a pre-arranged meeting.
- School Hours: 7:45 AM (tardy bell) to 3:03 (dismissal)
- Building Hours for Students: 7:15 AM to 3:15 PM. Students should not arrive to campus before 7:15 AM, as we do not provide supervision until 7:15 AM.
- Traffic will be heavy on the first week of school. We appreciate your patience. Please allow extra time.
- Be safe and patient during arrival and dismissal. Drive carefully!
- Car riders should only use the front driveway. No student drop-off/pick-up in any other parking lot.
- Bus route information will be provided at open house (if your child is eligible for bus service). Make sure your child knows his/her bus route information.
- We enforce the BCPS dress code, which is available in the Student Code of Conduct. Please help in ensuring that your child complies with the dress code every day at school.
Students should not wear anything disruptive, provocative, vulgar, obscene, or which advertises illegal drugs or displays obnoxious or indecent signs, symbols or drawings, or which endangers the health or safety of the students or others is prohibited. Shorts, skirts, and dresses should not be shorter than fingertips. No inappropriate tops, see-through, or clothing that allows exposed undergarments are allowed. If students do not meet the Burke County Board of Education Policy 4300-R they will be asked to change clothing or call home for a change of clothes. Multiple offenses could warrant disciplinary consequences. Dress Code for Table Rock Middle School Specifically:
No hats may be worn inside the school building.
No hoodies may be worn inside the school building.
Students may not wear pajamas or bedroom slippers to school unless deemed a spirit day.
Students must put all blankets in their lockers or bookbags before entering the classroom/school building or classroom.
We will also review this with students on the first week of school.
- If your child requires medication during the school day, parents must bring the medication directly to the office and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Student device will be distributed the first week of school. Device fees will need to be paid before students will be allowed to have their devices.
If you plan to have your child ride a school bus this year, please take this short survey: https://bit.ly/bcpsbussurvey2021 to help us better plan our bus routes and serve students more efficiently. The survey asks for your address, school and times your child will ride a bus.
BCPS Board of Education Decision on Mask Mandate
After a special called meeting on Thursday, July 29, the Burke County Board of Education voted to make face coverings optional for all staff, students, and visitors on BCPS campuses. Due to a current federal mandate, those on yellow school buses and activity buses will still be required to wear a mask. Additional information regarding face-covering requirements from the North Carolina High School Athletic Association have not been released. Updates will be provided by the NCHSAA.
As always, BCPS is still committed to keeping our students safe by continuing communication with the local health department, putting every possible mitigation strategy, other than facial coverings, into place at our schools including social distancing, intensive cleaning protocols, etc. Please visit our website and social media for more updates in the coming weeks as the exciting, new school year comes to a start. Thank you to our parents, staff and students for your continued support of Burke County Public Schools. We can’t wait to continue igniting learning for a brighter future!
Device Fee Collection
Keyboard Repair: $75.00
Screen Repair: $100.00
Device Replacement: Cost Varies depending on Model of Device. All technology is property of Burke County Public Schools. BCPS reserves the right to demand the immediate return of the equipment at any time. The technology should only be used by the student(s) indicated on this agreement.
Student device fee can be paid through our new money collection system My School Bucks. However, families with 3+ BCPS students in the same household cannot use My School Buck and will have to visit the school between August 2, 2021 - August 27, 2021.
Devices will be given out to students the first week of school.
2021 - 2022 Middle School Schedule
7:15 - 7:35 - Arrival / Theater / Breakfast
7:35 - 8:00 - Homeroom -Staggered Dismissal from Theater by Grade Level
7:45 - Tardy Bell
8:03-8:48 7th Exploratory 1
8:51-9:36 7th Exploratory 2
9:39-10:24 8th Exploratory 1
10:27-11:12 8th Exploratory
11:12-12:54 - Exploratory Planning/Lunch
12:54-1:39 6th EA 1
1:42-2:27 6th EA 2
2:30-3:00 MTSS / SOAR
3:03 - Bus Rider Dismissal
3:05 - Car Rider Dismissal
2021 - 2022 Lunch Schedule
11:10 - 11:40 - Randall / Fullbright
11:15 - 11:45 - Zittel / Chapman
11:15 - 11:45 - Hall / Grindstaff
11:20 - 11:50 - Smith / Tanner
11:30 - 12:00 - Rector / Clemons
11:35 - 12:05 - Duncan / Diab
11:40 - 12:10 - Kilby / Costner
11:45 - 12:15 - Haught / Toothman
11:55 - 12:25 - Leikam / Hosier
12:00 - 12:30 - Haas / Gregory
12:05 - 12:35 - Young / Nile
12:10 - 12:40 - Newman/Edall
Free and Reduced Lunch
Please complete applications for free and reduced lunches at the following site: family.titank12.com
It is VERY important to fill out these forms yearly because school funding is attached to this survey! Thank you for your cooperation!
Football will begin practice August 13th at 5pm to 7:30. Players need to attend all practices to be permitted to play in the first game. Players will be dropped and picked up in the bus parking lot. Players need to bring a current physical to be eligible to practice and play. Students should have a water bottle.
Soccer boys/girls and volleyball tryouts will begin Tuesday August 24th immediately after school. Ending times will be announced on the first day of school.
FALL ATHLETICS SCHEDULES
Welcome Back, Gear Up
Meet Kim Logan!
She will be serving Table Rock, Walter Johnson, and East Burke Middle Schools. Kim graduated from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and Appalachian State University. She is a FHS Class of 1983 graduate and 3 out of 4 of her children have graduated from FHS. The last one will graduate with the class of 2023, 40 years after her graduation! Here is her advice to students:
Ask for help when you need it
Set Short-Term and Long-Term Goals
Write down all of your assignments
Do your homework
Learn to manage your time
Learn to speak up for yourself
Take good care of Yourself
Find Your Passions
Arrival to School
- School begins at 7:45 a.m. and concludes at 3:00 p.m. daily.
- The school building is open at 7:15 a.m. Students are not to be in the building or on property before this time. Doors will be unlocked from 7:15-7:45 a.m. and then once again locked until the end of our school day, which is at 3:00 p.m. Additionally, at 4:00 p.m., our doors will be locked for the day.
- Students will go to the auditorium when they arrive if it is before 7:35. Students arriving after 7:35 will report directly to their homeroom classrooms.
- Breakfast will be served daily at 7:15-7:40 a.m. each day and then again for second chance breakfast.
Staggered Dismissal Times
In order to reduce foot traffic after school, our students will follow a staggered dismissal.
- At 3:03-bus riders will follow teachers out
- At 3:05-car riders will follow teachers out
Students will also all use separate exits from the building.
- 6th grade will dismiss from the sixth grade hallway.
- 7th grade will dismiss from the main entrance doors.
- 8th grade will dismiss from the counselor hallway doors.
Sixth Grade Supply List
7th Grade Supply List
5 Folders with tabs