Welcome to DVMS!!
Here's everything you need to know for 2021-22
Welcome Incoming Sixth Grade Students!
Please take a moment to fill out the Course Request From in the button below. This will allow us to give your child the desired elective track (Music or Intro to Electives Rotation).
If you missed our Parent Info Night on February 24th, you may watch the video and review the curriculum handout and staff bios that we showed in the video links at the bottom.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child's education. We do not take it lightly that you chose DVMS.
Important - Residency Verification
It is summer time and we are preparing for the 2021-2022 school year, and it is important that we have accurate records for enrollment.
We ask that you scan and send by email your documents for residency verification to Karen Rush, Office Manager at email@example.com. Please include your students name and birthdate in the email and only send the documents that are in the categories below. In order for your student to receive their schedule for the 2021-2022 school year, address verification must be done before Monday, August 2, 2021.
Residency Verification is required for all incoming 6th grade students and 7th and 8th grade students that are new to Diablo View Middle School.
Verification by items from both categories below are required:
- Current picture ID of parent/guardian: driver’s license, state issued ID, passport, consulate issued picture ID, voter credential, or military ID.
- Two of the following:
- current valid vehicle registration
- State or Federal tax return filed within the last 12 months with W-2 form(s) attached. Business returns DO NOT meet residency requirements
- current voter registration receipt
- other forms of identification or communication from a government agency
- property tax bill with parent name and property address indicating home owner's exemption
- lease/rental agreement (including property address, names of occupants, name and phone number of owner/manager)
- payroll stubs or payroll check with current address
All documents submitted must be originals not copies.
Utility (PG&E, water, etc.) P.O. Box, telephone bills, or deeds are NOT VALID residency verification documents and WILL NOT be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding address verification, please email Karen Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your time and attention in this important matter.
Please fill out this Elective Course Request Form by Friday, March 5. You will need to select between Music or our 6th Grade Elective Rotation (4 different introductory electives TBD)
Here is the slide show that we presented at the 6th Grade Info Night. In it you will find teacher bios and a curriculum overview for all of our classes.
Please join Principal Fong for his weekly Principal Coffee/Office Hours. These are open-ended, open to all meetings without an agenda. So log in and bring your coffee, questions and ideas for making DVMS great!
If you haven't already, please sign up for/log into Homelink
- Keep your contact information up to date
- Check your child's schedule
- Check your child's grades
- View your child's progress reports and report cards
- Check your child's attendance
Mr. Peter Fong
Meet our Counselor - Mrs. Niles
My name is Cassi Niles and this is my fourth year working as a school counselor at Diablo View. Diablo View Middle School has a comprehensive school counseling program that provides students with social/emotional support, academic skills assistance, and high school/college exploration and planning. School counselors are here to support students with any of their personal or academic goals during middle school. We hope you have an amazing three years here at Diablo View!