Stop doing it behind the screen!
Three differences between cyberbullying and bullying
- Cyberbullying is done on a social network while bullying is physical or verbal
- Bullying includes making threats and cyberbullying is sent through messags
- Bullying is when they make people go against you and cyberbullying is like when they make fake profiles and embarrass you on the internet
Effects of Cyberbullying
- are likely to use alchol and drugs
- skip school
- have lower self-esteem
Reporting a Cyberbully
- Don't respond to or forward any of the messages
- Block the person who cyberbullying
- Keep the evidence
Report to your School
- Cyberbullying can create a disruptive environment at school and is often related to in-person bullying. The school can use the information to help inform prevention and response strategies.
- In many states, schools are required to address cyberbullying in their anti-bullying policy. Some state laws also cover off-campus behavior that creates a hostile school environment.