Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
My prayer is that our students have love and connections first, then possess all the skills to perform on next week's STAAR testing.
Instead of your regular 'ole STAAR review, 4th grade decided to review in beach style with a Luau theme! Ms. Aulbaugh looks like she is ready to serve up some fun!
Ms. Halbrook had beach balls and themes to teach genres.
Our students enjoyed putting their feet in the "pool" and sand to review.
Figurative Language Volcano
I love that students contributed to their decorations with academic vocabulary.
Sailing for Success
Students sat in their very own boat!
Mr. Nevin's Even Helped
I loved that Ms. Nevins had Mr. Nevins make a cute sign with academic vocabulary.
Ms. Rangel's students enjoyed laying on beach mats to review their strategies.
Practicing with umbrellas makes learning fun.
Mr. Velsaquez, Ms. Hernandez, and Ms. Martinez are working hard to test all 438 LEP students in both English and Spanish on the oral IPT test. This is a federal mandate.
Teacher Appreciation Week
I LOVE the beautiful groovy signs hanging on your doors. Our kids LOVE you sooooo much!
Students participated in a math-a-thon review all week to get ready for Monday's STAAR test.
Cute Strategy for Math
I like this cute strategy for math that was used during math-a-thon.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Mortar Word / Math Maker / College Word / Character Trait
Isabelle must drive 1,482 miles. She plans to drive approximately the same number of miles per day over the period of 5 days. 4th Grade Math Testprep Preview
- Learning Walks Week of 5/9-5/13--Hickman
- Monday, 5/9--STAAR Math Grades 3, 4, and 5th Retest--cheer at 7:25 AM by the gym for 3rd and 4th grade. No Jeans coupons. Let's dress for success! :) 5th Grade will have a calming breakfast in Room 116 at 7 AM with 5th Grade Teachers and 5th Grade Test Administrators.
- Tuesday, 5/10--STAAR Reading Grades 3, 4, and 5th Retest--cheer at 7:25 AM by the gym for 3rd and 4th grade. No Jeans coupons. Let's dress for success! :) 5th Grade will have a calming breakfast in Room 116 at 7 AM with 5th Grade Teachers and 5th Grade Test Administrators.
- Tuesday, 5/10--1st Grade Field Trip Children's Museum
- Wednesday, 5/11--STAAR Science Grades 5--cheer at 7:25--REGULAR SCHEDULE--cheer at 7:25 AM by the gym.
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK MAY 2-6!!!
- Sign up for June 1st Staff Development Workshops ASAP on Eduphoria. Lots of great offerings, but limited space. Also, please complete the Food Truck Survey.
- LEARNING WALKS EMPHASIS--What, Why
- Last Day for Paraprofessionals is May 31st. Last day for Teacher's is June 3rd.
- DRA/EDL Testing for ALL students K-2 April 25-May 20
- STAAR Testing May 9, 10, and 11--Blackout Dates and NO JEANS Coupons.
- Admin Meeting May 12 10:30 AM Texan Drive Stadium
- Board Meeting May 16 6:30 PM
- Special Ed Meeting and Principal's Technology Hour 10 AM -1 PM