Registration and Forms
Registration During the School Year & During the Summer
To register your child in the summer, please call or come to Crabapple Middle School. Please see the summer information on our home page.
You may print and complete all the necessary paperwork prior to your appointment or come into the front office and pick up a registration packet. (If you have a rising 6th grader coming from a Feeder School (Hembree Springs, Mimosa, Sweet Apple, Vickery Mill) zoned for our school, there is NO need to register your student.
Note: All rising 6th-graders will need to fulfill the residency verification requirement.
Items to Bring to Appointment or Walk-In Registration During the Summer
- IF POSSIBLE PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF ALL RECORDS THAT WE NEED TO KEEP AT SCHOOL IN ADDITION TO BRINGING ORIGINALS (ONLY NEED ORIGINALS OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD). THIS WILL HELP MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT FASTER!
- Forms that can be printed and completed prior to enrollment appointment can be found below.
- Original Birth Certificate (must be Government issued, hospital certificates not accepted)
- Social Security Card
- Click here for important Residency Verification Requirements
- Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)
- Custody paperwork (if applicable)
- Most recent IEP if Special Education or Gifted Eligibility (if applicable)
- Current Georgia Immunization Form 3231 from doctor or GRITS (or waiver if out of state)
- Current Georgia Ear Eye Dental Form 3300 (or waiver if out of state)
- Academic Records and Withdrawal Form from the previous school. Bring your students most recent report card and or transcript and any standardized test scores from the past two years. Schools will often send us complete-records at a later date, but it is extremely important to bring valuable academic information at the time of registration Please also bring your withdrawal form from your prior school (including address, phone and fax number of the previous school). More complete information will enable us to efficiently provide accurate placement for your child.
Online District Enrollment (Create a login to complete)
*Please print a copy of the submitted form and bring to the appointment or during summer Walk-in hours.
* Paper Enrollment forms available at the school. NOTE: PAPER FORMS ARE PREFERRED BY OUR DATA CLERK.
Authorization Release for Records Request.pdf - Do not give this form to your current school. Bring it completed to EPMS.
(For use ONLY if you are coming to us from outside of Fulton County)
Social Security Waiver (only if you do not wish to supply Social Security card)
30-Day Immunization Waiver
Use ONLY if you are enrolling after the start of the school year and are from out of state. You must have current Immunization GA Form 3231 and Ear Eye Dental Form 3300 within 30 days of enrollment.
- Residency Verification Requirements
- New Immunization Requirements for Rising 7th Graders
- Registration Requirements
- Health Registration Requirements
- Moving Hardship Document
Special Education: Bring the latest IEP from the current school. Contact the school IST for information in this area.
Talented and Gifted Placement: On school letterhead, the current school administration must state your child is currently enrolled in a Talented and Gifted program and state the criteria for placement. If you have an eligibility form, please supply it also. A complete testing history is needed. Have the school supply a list of the courses in which your child was enrolled. Supply placement information and grades in all core curriculum subjects. Only students enrolled in a gifted program within the state of Georgia will receive direct placement into the TAG program.
School Tours: Elkins Pointe Middle School staff offers school tours by appointment. Please contact our secretary, Ellen Walsh at email@example.com or 470-254-8365 to schedule an appointment. Note: School tours are NOT offered during the summer or during Georgia Milestones Testing.
Student Withdrawal: This process only happens during the school year. Students needing to withdrawal during the summer will need to wait until the Counselling secretary returns.
- EPMS requests one work days' notice to complete the withdrawal process for a student.
- Students are required to return all textbook and school materials, as well as to pay any fines, cafeteria charges, and/or lost book or Laptop computer fees before receiving a copy of the withdrawal paperwork.
- Forwarding address, new school information, and parent signature are required on the withdrawal form.
Georgia Work Permit Directions
*Work permits are required for all students under age 18.
*Students must be at least 14 to get a job in Georgia.
Visit the GA Department of Labor website at www.dol.state.ga.us.
Under Quick Links, click on Child Labor.
Under Resources for Child Labor, click on Online Work Permit.
Click on Minor.
Follow the steps to provide the required information.
During the school year, see Mrs. Walsh in the Counseling Office so she can complete the next step of the Work Permit. During the summer, someone in the front office will accommodate requests.
NEW STUDENT SUMMER REGISTRATIONS:
During the summer the front office will be temporarily located to Crabapple Middle School.
NEW REGISTRATION FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
- Summer Walk-in Registrations are subject to availability of Office Staff
- Returning EPMS students and rising 6th-grade students from our feeder schools DO NOT need to register. If your child is rising from one of our feeders(Hembree Springs, Mimosa, Sweet Apple, Vickery Mill), your registration is complete. ALL rising 6th-grade students must present TWO Proofs of Residency and Immunization Form 3231. Please bring to Information Day/Open House on August 1st (see below for more info).
- Students will not be enrolled until the registration packet is complete. Make sure you go to the Registration and Forms section of our website (under Parents) to complete all registration paperwork prior to the appointment or pick up a Registration Packet at our front office.
- Records from the Previous School: Without final report card from the previous school, showing proof of grade placement, courses taken by your child, and grades (and any supporting documentation for Gifted, Advanced, etc.) the student will be placed in on-level classes. Proof of grade placement is required, along with records from the previous school indicating enrollment in any special programs (IEP, gifted, etc.). 7th-grade and 8th-grade students must provide discipline records.
- Document waivers for Immunizations or Ear Eye Dental will NOT be granted during summer registration. Please go to Registration – Forms section of our website (under Parents) for Health Registration information (where to go for completion of required Health Documents).
- Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Screening (Georgia Form 3300): No child entering a Georgia school for the first time shall be admitted unless the child has a certificate of eye, ear, and dental screening. Students starting school during the school year who are from out of state or have been out of a Georgia school for a period of over twelve months are eligible for a thirty-day immunization grace period and/or 120-day eye, ear, and dental screening grace period.
- Immunization Certificate (Georgia Form 3231): Georgia law requires students attending school to be age-appropriately immunized with all required vaccines at the time of first entry in a Georgia school. A “new entrant” is a child entering Georgia schools for the first time or returning to Georgia schools after an absence of more than 12 months or one school year. Immunization information must be on the Georgia Department of Human Resources form 3231, available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness (see reverse) or local physicians.
- Children entering 6th-grade must have 2 doses of varicella or proof of the disease, 2 doses each of measles and mumps and 1 dose of rubella (or 2 doses of the combined MMR vaccine).
- Children entering 7th-grade and new entrants to GA schools in grades 8-12 must have received one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) and one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
6th GRADE RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
ALL 6th GRADE STUDENTS REQUIREMENT:
All rising 6th graders (coming from a feeder school and new), must provide residency verification. We need TWO Residence Verification documents. If you are a returning student at Elkins Pointe Middle School you do NOT need to show residency unless you have moved. If you have moved, you must submit two proofs of residency even if your child was enrolled in Elkins Pointe last year.
Please click below for what is required:
* Please bring photocopies of your TWO proofs of residency to Information Day
Please Note: If you are moving into a new home,
you may provide an email from the utility company stating the following: Customer's name, date of service starts, and home address.
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR 6th GRADE & 7th GRADE
6th GRADE IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS:
Children entering 6th grade must have:
- 2 doses of varicella or proof of the disease,
- 2 doses each of measles and mumps and
- 1 dose of rubella (or 2 doses of the combined MMR vaccine).
* Please bring Georgia Form 3231 to Information Day on Aug. 1st.
7th GRADE IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS:
Effective July 1, 2014, all 7th-grade students who were born on or after January 1, 2002, and for new entrants grades 8-12 who are entering into a Georgia school for the first time will be required to have:
- 1 Dose of Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine)
- 1 Dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine
Please be sure your child has received these additional vaccines before the start of school in August 2018.
* Please bring Georgia Form 3231 to Information Day