The Weightman M.E.O.W.
Monthly Events Of Wildcats: November 2022-23
ALL State Ensemble: Mr. Christopher Simpson
Christopher is one of the top trombone players out of hundreds in the state of Florida. We are so proud to have one of the best trombone players in the state attending TEWMS!
Way to go Wildcats!
Let us know how a Wildcat that has ROAR'd with Dignity by giving them a shout out here: http://tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=25334
Penny for Pasco
On November 8, 2022, Pasco voters have a chance to renew the Penny For Pasco to pay for new schools, expansions, and renovations; increase public safety; improve roads and add sidewalks; pay for new vehicles and life-saving equipment for first responders. https://pasco.k12.fl.us/penny4pasco
ALL State Ensemble: Mr. Christopher Simpson
Way to go Wildcats!
Penny for Pasco
Hello Wildcat families!
As we are progressing through the second quarter of the 2022-2023 school year, I want to take this time to celebrate all the wonderful things going on with our students. We have students who are confidently competing in All State Ensemble, Forestry Competition, Drama 1-Act, Special Olympics, trying out for sports teams for the first time, and many more. We have so much to be proud of as Weightman Wildcats! I also want to remind families that Progress Reports for Second Quarter will be posted on November 11th in myStudent portal. Please check in with your student(s) to see how they are progressing. Many of our students have been working hard on getting assignments turned in and preparing for class room assessments. The end of the Second Quarter is December 16th, there is plenty of time for students to make sure they are 'on-track.'
Our school wide behavior expectation, the Wildcat ROAR, will remain through the end of the last day of school: May 25th. I ask that you please remind your student(s) of those expectations on a daily bases. In addition, each student has a copy of these expectations in their Wildcat Binder. If you need myStudent access: Pasco County Schools (focusschoolsoftware.com)
Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS)
Our PBIS store is in need of your support to keep rewarding our amazing Wildcats!
If you are able to assist with resupplying with donations noted below, please contact Mrs. Fletcher.
- individually bagged chips
- individually bagged cookies
- fidget toys
- small rubber ducks
We are also looking for volunteers to run the PBIS store from 8;15-9am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in the Kat Shack. If you are able to volunteer, please contact Mrs. Martin.
If there are any business partners who would like to sponsor our PBIS store, please contact Mrs. Ware.
Opportunity Hall @ TEWMS
TEWMS Business Partner: Card My Yard Wesley Chapel
Card My Yard Wesley Chapel
Website Address: https://www.cardmyyard.com/wesley-chapel/
We specialize in creative celebration yard signs, serving all of Wesley Chapel and surrounding areas
Use code WC10 for a 10% discount on your order for all Weightman Wildcats and their families
TEWMS Boys Soccer Tryout Information
Coach Dorkowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: November 3rd-4th
Time: 2:40-5:00 PM
What you need: Shin guards, cleats, and a water bottle.
1. Complete the following FHSAA and Pasco County forms in full:
a. DSBPC Athletic Participation Form – NOTARIZED
b. DSBPC Covid-19 Waiver – SIGNED
c. FHSAA Form EL3 (Consent and Release from Liability Waiver) – SIGNED
d. FHSAA Form EL2 (Physical) – Signed and dated by Doctor
*These forms can be found on the Athletics page of the school website: https://tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us/?page_id=2608
2. Complete the following online NFHS tutorials, print and bring the completion certificates.
b. Heat Illness Prevention: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/heat-illness-prevention-2
c. Concussion in Sports: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/concussion-for-students
d. Sudden Cardiac Arrest: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/sudden-cardiac-arrest
*If you have turned in this paperwork from a previous sport then we have it on file.
Spring Musical Auditions: Grease
- Grease Auditions Tuesday, 11/15- Thursday 11/17 from 2:55-4pm in Room 533.
- Students are to attend only 1 audition day and prepare a 1-minute monologue and 30 second song of their choice.
- Students will be informed if they need to attend Call Back Day on Thursday (11/17)
- Tech crew applications can be picked up at any time in room 533.
- Cast and Crew List will be posted by Friday 11/18 to pick up scripts before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Student of the Quarter Celebration for 1st Quarter
Great American Teach-In: November 16
See the attached flyer for more information about the program, and reach out to Mr. Shank if you have any questions at email@example.com. Thank you for being a part of our community
Parents' Bill of Rights information
We will host two in person expo events on November 14th at RRHS and November 17th at WCHS. Each expo event will take place from 5-8 p.m.
Weightman Wildcat Business Partnerships
Business Partnerships w/ TEWMS
As a way to increase community connections and business support within the Weightman Wildcat community, we are offering advertisements in our M.E.O.W. (Monthly Events Of Wildcats) parent newsletters. The M.E.O.W. is published at the beginning of each month (August thru May) and is viewed over 7,000 times a month. Advertisements can include text, website information, contact information, email address, and/or Photo/Graphic (file must be: JPEG, PNG, BMP or GIF).
There are different price options:
- $75: Three Months (August, September, October)
- $75: Three Months (November, December, January)
- $75: Three Months (February, March, April)
- $150: Six Months (August, September, October, November, December, January)
- $250: 10 Months (August thru May)
- $50: 1 Month - Your choice (must identify month below)
*Please complete this form to have your business/service advertised in our M.E.O.W. newsletter: http://tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=62946.
Volunteers @ TEWMS
We are looking to increase the number of volunteers at TEWMS. If you are interested in volunteering in the Weightman Wildcat campus, please complete the Pasco County Schools 2022 - 2023 Volunteer Application: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/page/volunteer
Volunteer opportunities @ TEWMS may include the following:
- Assisting in the classroom: reading, drama, agri-science, etc.
- Help in the cafeteria with student supervision
- Assist with the Kat Shak: PBIS Store
- Assisting with athletic events, book fairs, etc.
- Supervise Day of AWESOME on Oct 12, 8am-12pm
- Beautification around campus: trim plants, bushes, etc.
- Chaperoning a fieldtrip: 7th grade Science trips
- Staff appreciation activities
- Mentoring/tutoring: Opportunity Hall
- Serving as a hurricane shelter worker
- Being a member of the PTA: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Being a member of TEWMS' School Advisory Committee: complete SAC form
School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council consists of elected parents, staff, community and administrative representatives. This working committee is involved with developing and implementing our school improvement plan. The council is advisory in nature and meets monthly during the year. Meeting dates are adjusted if the council deems necessary. The public is invited to attend.
How can I become a member of SAC?
- Elected members of the SAC include teachers, educational support personnel, and parents.
- Members are also appointed to the council by the Principal to represent businesses and the community.
- Members serve two year terms.
- A chairperson is elected annually by the SAC membership
If you are interested in becoming a member of our SAC committee, please click here complete an application. (application link: http://tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=63231)
Pasco County Middle School Promotion requirements
Students in middle school have certain promotion requirements they must meet in order to be promoted to high school.
To be promoted to high school, all middle school students must successfully complete the following:
- Grade 6 Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Grade 7 Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Grade 8 Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
- One course in career and education planning to be completed in grades 6, 7, or 8 is required for promotion.
- One of the social studies courses must be Civics. There is a statewide, standardized end-of-course exam for Civics that must be taken and factored in as 30% of a student’s course grade.
- One semester of physical education per year is required.
- Students in grade 6 will be required to take one semester of M/J Health GR 6.
Additional information can be found on Pasco County Schools website: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/middle-school-student-progression. As you plan for High School, Pasco County Schools has resources available for families: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/navigating-high-school. In addition, the Florida Department of Education Standard Diploma Requirements contains all requiremen
- Student Online Registration: https://pasco.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/auth/
- How to pay for school items/fees: https://www.studentquickpay.com/pasco/
- To access the calendar for the school year, please visit https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/library/home/calendar-next-year.pdf
- Ways to keep up to date with Pasco County Schools: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/news
- TEWMS Website: tewms.pasco.k12.fl.us
- How to become a TEWMS volunteer: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/page/volunteer
- Navigating Middle School: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/navigating-middle-school
Nov 1: Priority Study Hall: Science
Nov 1: Opportunity Hall, 2:40-4pm in Rm 402
Nov 1: TEWMS Football vs CENMS @ 6:30pm
Nov 2: Early Release Day @ 12:40pm
Nov 3: Krispy Kreme donut distribution w/ Mr. Scott
Nov 3: Priority Study Hall: Math
Nov 4: TEWMS Band @ WCHS @ 5pm
Nov 8: Priority Study Hall: Social Studies
Nov 8: Opportunity Hall, 2:40-4pm in Rm 402
Nov 9: Girls BBall @ JLMS @ 6pm
Nov 9: Under Jekyll's Hyde @ 7pm WCHSPAC
Nov 10: Priority Study Hall: Electives
Nov 10: Under Jekyll's Hyde @ 5:30 & 7pm WCHSPAC
Nov 11: Under Jekyll's Hyde @ 5:30 & 7pm WCHSPAC
Nov 14: Girls BBall vs. CCMS @6pm
Nov 15: Priority Study Hall: ELA
Nov 15: Opportunity Hall, 2:40-4pm in Rm 402
Nov 16: GREAT AMERICAN TEACH-IN
Nov 16: Girls BBall @ PVMS, 6pm
Nov 16: Boys Soccer vs. JLMS @ 6pm
Nov 17: Priority Study Hall: Science
Nov 17: SAC MTG @ 9am in PD Room
Nov 17: Boys Soccer @ CCMS, 6pm
Nov 21-25: Thanksgiving Break, No School
Nov 29: Priority Study Hall: Math
Nov 29: Opportunity Hall, 2:40-4pm in Rm 402
Nov 30: Girls BBall vs.CSRMS, 6pm
Dec 1: Priority Study Hall:
Dec 2: Picture Re-takes in Gym Lobby
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.