Called to More @ OLA
Week of November 22, 2021
We are so very grateful to the Depole Clark Family, especially dad Ryan Clark, for their incredible donation of a hand-made, live-edge altar for OLA! It has a prominent place as one of the first things you see when you enter OLA, and each time our school community gathers, it will be around this special altar.
Thank you so much for this incredibly loving and generous gift to bring our family together!
Thank you for answering the "Call to More!"
Learning about our Saints
We can pray to saints to help us.
They are so close to God that he has given them the ability to help us directly.
Advent Begins Next Week...
Each week of Advent we will be calling on our OLA community to donate much needed items for our vulnerable brothers and sisters - and we will have some fun doing it.
Nov. 29 - Dec. 3 - Sock Toss
Please bring any new or gently used adult socks. Each student who brings in socks each day will participate in a sock toss during Phys. Ed. class where they will try to toss the socks into a basket. Hit the mark and children will get a prize. Families are welcome to bring extra socks to offer to other children to play as well.
Dec. 6 - 10 - Called to be like St. Nicholas
This week includes St. Nicholas' Feast Day. He was known as the giver of special and surprise gifts. Our OLA community is "Called to More" by being like St. Nicholas. We are calling for Fort Saskatchewan Food Bank Donations - this can be non-perishable food items or gift certificates to local stores.
Dec. 13 - 21 - Warm Hands, Warm Hearts
Heading into the darkest days of the winter, before the day of bright light (Christ's birth - December 25th) we are calling our OLA community to keep warm our brothers and sisters at Hope Mission who are less fortunate, by placing hats, mitts, hot pockets, scarves, and gently used clothing and outerwear for adults at the base of the Christmas trees at OLA.
Advent Celebration News
As EICS is partnered with Lurana House through Catholic Social Services to care for homeless mothers of young children, OLA will be inviting you to participate in a fundraiser for Lurana House for a chance to receive a VIP Advent Celebration Viewing Package complete with advanced viewing privileges and abundant goodies to enjoy at home with your family to make the Advent Viewing Experience spectacular!
The more you donate, the more opportunities you have to receive a VIP viewing package...and the more joy you will spread joy to the mothers and babies in need.
If you wish to donate directly to Lurana House & Catholic Social Services for a tax receipt, simply share with us a copy of the receipt, and these donations will count too. You will have equal opportunity for the VIP Viewing Packages!
More information is coming soon! Stay Tuned!
Want to donate to the VIP viewing packages?
If you or your business would like to donate to the VIP Viewing packages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your donation - Thank you in advance for your generosity!!!
On your child's "God Made You" day, children come to the office to celebrate their birthdays with the office team by playing Lucky Ducks!
Thank you for your help!
- Your child's attendance at school is affirmation that you have completed the daily checklist and your child is symptom free.
- Should your child be away, thank you for using the several methods linked here to let us know.
- Please go to your PowerSchool Parent Portal to complete your child's annual consent forms so they are fully able to participate in field trips, access technology and share their learning.
- Thank you for ensuring your child comes to school with a mask. Your child's teacher will work with the children as to when they are able to take mask breaks throughout the day.
- Thank you for sending a few extra masks with your child in their backpacks. We have a limited supply to provide children when they misplace or forget theirs. The second time they require a mask, you will receive an email that your child was provided a mask for the second time. The third or more times your child is provided a mask, you will receive an email of a $5 charge for each mask provided.
- Thank you for reminding children that hand sanitizing and hand washing helps to slow the spread of germs, and so does coughing into our "sneeze corners."
1P - Stacking Materials in Science
This Week @ OLA
Power Options Begin - Week 1
Monday, November 22
- Kicking off the week & being "Called to More"
Tuesday, November 23
- An awesome day to answer the "Call to More"
Wednesday, November 24
- Staff Morning Mass in Chapel
- Adoration begins
- Virtual Announcements
- Priest Visit
- Grade 3 Teachers Pet
Thursday, November 25
- Collaborative Team Meetings: Success for All Students in Literacy & Numeracy
- Grade 4 Trinity Student Leadership Retreat @ OLA Parish
- Today and every day, we answer the "Call to More!"
Gamifying Math in Grade 4
Through three-digit addition equations, 4K worked together against the pirates!
The lesson included dueling and challenge music to create the ambiance!
Lost and Found
Thank you to our custodian Mrs. Gordon for helping us with the set up.
Inclement Weather Policy
Thank you for continuing to help your children enjoy winter fun by making sure they have the right gear to play outside!
Outdoor play and fresh air are so important for a child's development, and it is especially important during the winter months. As such, children will be outside every day for recesses until the temperature or Windchill reaches -25C as outlined in our Inclement Weather policy linked here. Below are a few tips to help kids have loads of fun in the snow!
Peter Rabbit & The Garden
After IM read the Tale of Peter Rabbit, they built fences to keep Peter out of the garden!
Guests @ OLA
The engagement of parents in their child's education is an integral element to their learning success. We welcome this partnership in a fashion that ensures the continued health and safety of our OLA community.
Through pre-arranged in-person volunteering, the following will be expected:
- Complete the Daily Screening Checklist
- Volunteers are recommended to be fully vaccinated. Beginning December 20, 2021 all guests and volunteers will require proof of vaccination as per Administrative Procedure 489
- Sign-in at the office and acknowledge completion of the Daily Screening Checklist.
- Wear a volunteer badge at all times. This indicates to staff and students that you have completed the checklist, signed-in at the office, and are at the school for a specific pre-arranged purpose.
- Maintain social distancing at much as possible with staff and students.
- Be present for the scheduled duration of your volunteering time, remaining in the areas of the school that are relative to your volunteering duties.
- Follow all masking, hand hygiene and hand hygiene protocols
Dropping off or picking up children, lunches or items will continue in the same fashion (we will meet you at the front doors), and our exterior doors will remain secured. Thank you for using our fancy-dancy audio-visual intercom system located on the front doors to reach us in the office upon your arrival.
Should you have any questions, please contact Mme Gravelle at 780-998-3716.
Please note that fees maybe added throughout the year as field trips are able to occur. We will be sending home emails if/when new fees are added to your account.
If you require financial assistance in paying fees please fill out the form that is available at on our EICS website-click here to access form: Fee waiver form.
Application deadline is December 13, 2021
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Desaulniers 780-998-3716 or email email@example.com
2K - Science
1M - Building
To connect to your OLA School Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come connect with fellow parents.
Get to know the school and community's ins and outs.
Share your perspective.
You're invited to attend your OLA School Council Meeting
The Google Meet link will be emailed to you that morning.
All parents are invited to attend the School Council meetings and as an OLA parent, you are already a member of the committee! Looking forward to seeing you there!
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO HELP US OUT WITH THIS SURVEY LINK BELOW!!
1 & 2 E Métis dot art
Looking Further Ahead...
- First Sunday in Advent
- Loving our Brothers and Sisters in Christ: Sock Toss....Bring in pairs of socks to donate to those in need. All sizes are welcome this week!
- Early Dismissal - 2:19 pm
- Grade 4 Teachers Pet
- Second Sunday in Advent
- Be like St. Nicholas - donate special secret treats via Food Bank Donations
- St. Nicholas Feast Day
- K&1 Assembly
- Grade 2&3 Assembly
- Third Sunday in Advent
December 13 - 21
- Supporting Hope Mission: Warm Hands, Warm Hearts - Donate mitts, toques, hot pockets, scarves and new or gently used adult clothing and outerwear.
- Grade 4 Assembly
- Fourth Sunday in Advent
December 22 - January 4
- Christmas Break - School Closed
BGC Fort Saskatchewan Newsletter
Reach out Speak out
Grace - It's Launched!
Providing a continuum of care to women and children seeking refuge from abusive situations.