Welcome to the New School Year
KP Connection: August 25, 2015
Welcome and Welcome Back
It has been a summer full of learning and preparation. We had 10 -12 people in our book study on Beyond the Bake Sale (half of them parents/guardians). Thank you for five weeks of awesome learning. I also want to thank our PTO co-presidents Janine Cote and Monica Ehrlich for planning an AMAZING End of Summer Blast experience for our students and families. It was great to see our students having a great time, even if it meant me getting dunked. Our roof work is at its end for this year and we are happy to enter the new year leak free in the music wing, auditorium, large cafeteria and small gym. Our custodial crew, under the direction of Rocco Ditaranto, has done an amazing job readying the building for the new year.
Yesterday we launched our 6th Grade Orientation program, and our 8th grade WEB Leaders demonstrated what it means to be respectful, responsible, citizens as they welcomed 6th graders to KP. (Checkout the videos below)
Below are just a few items for your consideration as we look to partner with you this year.
Things to KNOW
- 26th - First Day of School for the 2015-2016 School Year
- 26th-31st -- Read student family handbook and sign verification form
- 27th - Gabriella's Scoop Night 6pm-9pm --Ben and Jerry's Blue Black Square
- 1st - Summer Reading Assignment Due
- 3rd - Abby Dabby Night Sept. 3 from 6-9 p.m.
- 4th - School Fundraising Assemblies --Help support our efforts to improve our very outdated Auditorium
- 7th - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
- 10th - Intramurals Start
- 14th - NO SCHOOL in observance of the 1st day of Rosh Hashanah
- 21st - 6th Grade Open House
- 23rd - NO SCHOOL in observance of Yom Kippur
- 28th - 7th and 8th Grade Open House
School Start Times:
The first bell rings at 7:40am. Due to a lack of supervision, students are not permitted in the building prior to this time unless they have a schedule meeting with a staff member.
Morning Drop off:
For the safety of our students and to expedite bus arrivals, we are reminding parents/guardians to please drop off students in the circle at the Mohawk entrance at the back of the school. There will be adults there to usher them to their appropriate team area. Thank you.