EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #27
MARCH 16, 2015
I hope you enjoyed your Spring Break…they always go too fast for my liking! We have our school talent show this Thursday night & our Science Night has been rescheduled for next Thursday night, March 26th. Our UIL competition is tomorrow & this Saturday.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR THIS WEEK!
· Our Eagle Mountain 25 Skill of the week is Rule #21 – Learn from your mistakes & move on.
· Our Junior Achievement volunteers have been trained & will be starting this week for grades K-2. I know you will welcome them to your classes!
· We have new Teacher of the Year nomination procedures this year, & the nomination window has opened, so I will be putting the information in your boxes. Please consider nominating a teacher worthy of this honor.
· I’m including some information on Backwards Lesson Design this week since that is what our faculty meeting pertains to on Wednesday.
REMINDER OF TECH DO'S THIS NINE WEEKS
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO THESE:
1st WEEK – KEEP TWEETING AND BLOGGING
2nd WEEK – RESEARCH APPS AND SUBMIT APPS FOR APPROVAL
3rd WEEK – USE QR CODES IN A LESSON
4th WEEK - FLIP ONE LESSON THIS WEEK
5th WEEK – REPORT ON HOW iPADS ARE BEING USED IN YOUR CLASS
6th WEEK – TWEET AN AUTHOR ABOUT A BOOK THE CLASS HAS READ
7th WEEK – VIDEO A STUDENT LED LESSON AND POST TO YOUTUBE
8th WEEK – POST A STUDENT LED TWEET
9th WEEK – MAKE-UP ONE WEEK YOU MISSED
SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR STUDENT LED LESSON.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – Book Fair, EME 25/Skill 21: Learn from your mistakes & move on
Tuesday – Last day for Book Fair, Cliburn Musical Program for grades 2, 3, & 4 - 1:30, UIL Competition after school - North Elementary
Wednesday – Spring Pictures, Faculty meeting with Doug Sevier on Backwards Lesson Design – 3PM
Thursday – Bryan to Principal’s meeting, Talent Show – 1st Act: 5:30, 2nd Act: 7:30
Friday – Book Fair, Bryan & Kelli taking Sandra to TEPSA 11’s Secretary Luncheon, Eagle Mountain University, Clubs 1:45 – 2:30
Saturday – UIL competition – Go Eagles!
Surround yourself with the DREAMERS and the DOERS; the BELEIVERS and THINKERS; but most of all, surround yourself with THOSE WHO SEE THE GREATNESS WITHIN YOU, even when you don’t see it yourself.
· Kudos to the teachers who were able to attend the last school board meeting to show support for our LIINK project: Donna McBride, Kim Meadows, Cindy Griggs, Christina Witta, Regina, Drew, & Kelli all attended, & I know your presence meant a lot to Dr. Rhea!
· Thanks to the 4th grade team – Pam, Sophia, LaRae, Emily, Steve, & Drew for hosting the faculty luncheon – special thanks to Drew for cooking burgers, & to all of those who brought things! We like our luncheons!