Virus Party for Paramyxoviridae
Friday, Dec. 11th, 8am
A Human Body
- Go through the respiratory route
- Allow your membrane to fuse with a host cell membrane, and come in through endocytosis
1. Enter party (host)
2. Allow RNA to provide a template for mRNA synthesis
3. Let host make capsid proteins and a copy of the RNA
4. Put these together to form a new virus
In Previous Years We've Created...
Can range from common cold symptoms to a respiratory infection
Respiratory disease, rash, fever
Inflammation of salivary glands, fever, muscle aches
What to Watch Out For
Sometimes the host may have a vaccine against measles or mumps, but there are no vaccines against parainfluenza. Note that your effects will have a greater, more deadly result on young children/infants and elderly people.