Earth's Place in Space

By Naomi

How To Explain the Different Observations of The Sky in Day and Night

To distinguish day from night and night from day:

Day:

-In day, you can see the sun rising or in the sky.

-The sky would be bright and it would be easy to see.


Night:

-At night, you can see the moon rising or shining.

- The sky would be dark and it wouldn't be easy to see.

How the Sun, Earth, Moon and planets move in relation

As we all know, the Sun is in the middle of our Solar System. The closer the planets are to the sun, they make full orbit around the sun faster. Planets that will orbit faster are Mercury or Venus. Planets that will orbit slower are Pluto or Neptune.

Information on the characteristics of space objects in the Solar System?

WHAT CAN BE FOUND IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM?

The objects we have in our Solar System are of course, planets. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. We can also see stars and constellations like the Sun or the constellation Orion and Zodiac Star Constellations like Leo, Scorpio or Virgo.


CHARACTERISTICS OF THE OBJECTS IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM.

PLANETS

Mercury- Mercury is the 1st planet from the Sun in our Solar System. It is dark grey and on its surface, it has crater, ridges and stretches of land. Its elements are mainly iron.

Venus- Venus is the 2nd planet from the Sun in our Solar System. It is yellowish- white and scientists believe that it's core is made of the same thing the Earth's core is made of since it's size, mass and density is the same as Earth's. There are also canyons, volcanoes, lava flow, rift valleys, mountains, craters and plain just like Earth does.

Earth- Earth is the 3rd planet from the Sun. It is blue, brown and bits of green. On Earth's surface, 71% is water and the remaining 29% is land.

Mars- Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun. It is a reddish brown and scientists claim that there is water located at Mars. They also believe that there might be life living on Mars and human beings are also able to survive with some support.

Jupiter- Jupiter is the 5th planet from the Sun and is the largest planet in the Solar System. It has hints and shades of white, red, orange brown and yellow.It shows this colour because of the light reflected by the sun. Its surface is made of hydrogen.

Saturn- Saturn is the 6th planet from the Sun.It has many colours that change like from black and white to orange, blue and red. It has a ring around it made of ice, dust and rock. It can be seen bye the naked eye but it's rings cannot.

Uranus- Uranus is the 7th planet from the Sun. It is a whitish- blue colour. Like Jupiter, it is made of hydrogen. Uranus is like a sphere of gas and ice so it doesn't have a exterior.

Neptune- Neptune is the 8th planet from the Sun. It a deep blue colour. Like Jupiter and Uranus it is also made of hydrogen. In it's atmosphere there is about 80% of hydrogen and 19% of helium.

Pluto- Pluto is the 9th planet from the Sun. It has a light brown colour. Pluto's surface is made of ice, which is made of nitogen, methane and carbon monoxide.


STARS

The characteristics of the stars depends on it's colour, temperature, size and how bright it shines.


CONSTELLATIONS

The characteristics of constellations is that they all have different shapes which shows something different. The Orion constellation shows a hunter with a bow, while others like Leo and Scorpio which shows a lion and a scorpion.

The Moon circles the Earth while the Earth circles the Sun.

EVIDENCE

This claim is the most precise claim as it makes the most sense. The stars in the sky are evidence. The way the stars move we can determine which way we are moving and what we are moving around.


IF THERE WAS NO MOON OR SUN.

If there was no Moon or Sun, every day will be dark. Tides will move in different ways and more tsunamis will occur without the moon. Without the Sun, there will be no source of normal heat that would be safe. There won't be daylight or night. Days won't even be days.

Bibliography

www.space.com/18525-venus-composition.html

www.kidsastronomy.com/

csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/venus/surface.html

www.diyfixit.co.uk/electrics/colour-codes-for-wiring.html

http://www.universetoday.com/65639/what-percentage-of-the-earths-land-surface-is-desert/

www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/.../what-is-jupiter-58.html

www.universetoday.com/15152/color-of-jupiter/

www.universetoday.com/15300/what-are-saturns-rings-made-of/

https://www.spacetelescope.org/images/opo9828c/

nineplanets.org/uranus.html

www.universetoday.com/18870/what-is-uranus-made-of/

www.universetoday.com/19120/surface-of-uranus/

phillips.seti.org/kids/neptune.html

curious.astro.cornell.edu/.../249-what-color-is-each-planet-intermediate

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/163-What-is-Pluto-made-of-