Virtual School Leadership Alliance
Teachers Leading the Way: Summertime Opportunities
This book study explores effective teaching strategies and skills applicable to both the new or experienced online teacher. Participants will read and participate in collaborative discussions regarding the content and application to practice in a Google Plus Community. Participants will document and reflect in ePortfolio.
- Dates: June 15 through August 16, 2015. The actual book study community will begin on June 22nd. June 15 - 20 will allow time for participants to register.
- Text & Reading: Johnson, Aaron. Excellent Online Teaching: Effective Strategies for a Successful Semester Online. San Bernardino, CA.: s.n., 2013. ISBN: 9780989711609Participants are required to purchase their own text for participation: Please note that there is an online version for Kindle for $4.99 or paperback starting at $6.49 plus shipping.
- Registration Deadline: June 20, 2015 Note: Interested participants must register in order to be invited to the Google Plus Community collaborations and resources.
- Click here to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17x2B2k_HvY0ex2DFVP3wyy0iOHgeZlosZFzrxYaLiXo/viewform?usp=send_form
- Click here for Book Study Timeline & Requirements https://docs.google.com/a/gavirtualschool.org/document/d/1cIWou8Kl5LjD8sUsidr_IKDPcE_Y73zb2-wGV57KKmA/edit?usp=sharing