By Sarah Maslowski
Job over view
The role of a baker varies from job to job. For example, a baker that is employed by a small, local bakery typically performs most of his or her work independently or as part of a close-knit team. A baker is this setting would also produce baked goods primarily by hand. In a large, industrial-scale bakery, it would be more typical for many bakers to cooperatively work together in order to produce mass quantities of baked goods. In this scenario, a baker would do very little work by hand and would rely largely on machinery to produce baked products, especially during the preparation phase of production.
Bakers typically work according to a tight production schedule that sets quotas for how many of a particular item they must produce each day. This is true of bakers working in all types of settings.
Whether working in a small company or a large kitchen, a baker is required to master the use of a large number of tools in order to produce quality baked items. These tools range from simple kitchen implements such as a rolling pin, to complex industrial mixing machines. In any case, becoming a baker requires a great amount of training as this is highly skilled job title.
you have to have great ideas to be a good baker.
You have to have good and creative ideas to make costumers happy
Your flavors have to be amazing to be eaten again
Pros Of Being a Baker
Cons of being a baker
- One of the major cons is that you have to rise early and work during the hours when most people are asleep, since you need to prepare the breakfast items.
- The dedication and love towards the bakery arts is needed. Only then you will be able to prepare delicious bakery items.
- Shift work is common, but your hours could be longer or shorter than you expect.
- Bakers typically work according to the production task schedule per day like how much a particular item they must have to prepare each day.
- Baker requires a great amount of creativity and skills, since they are responsible of preparing unique bakery items to impress their customers.
- Bakers can also be responsible for business management, marketing, and staff management.
- In a nutshell, while considering all the scenarios and ifs & buts, I would say that it is one of the most lucrative careers. And if one can opt for this career, it is not at all the bad selection, in fact it leads to the fastest growing success towards their career path.