Cavalier Community Connection
Need LBHS Spirit Gear?
Altec Innovation Challenge
The First Annual Altec Innovation Challenge encourages Botetourt County students to innovatively solve real-world problems while benefiting their school and/or community. During this competition, which begins August 9, student teams will work with their faculty to identify a problem facing their school or community and propose a solution using Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). The winning idea will be awarded $10,000 for implementation in the Spring of 2024. Interested? Get a team together and send us your innovative ideas!
Click the attached document for deadline information.
LB Reading Summer Reading Challenge
Student Parking Information
Yearbook Information 2023
You can order a yearbook online at www.yearbooksonsale.com while supplies last. Yearbooks for the 22/23 School Year are almost sold out. The cost of a yearbook is $70.
*Yearbooks will be delivered to Lord Botourt and available for pick up on the school business days over the summer.
Yearbook Information 2024
Senior Portrait Information
Senior Class of 2024,
The following link will take you to the Lifetouch page, where you can schedule your senior portraits. Please remember the LBHS yearbook needs you to take both a formal and a casual portrait for the yearbook. Lifetouch must take formal and casual portraits for them to appear in the yearbook. All portrait selections for the yearbook are due by November 28th, 2023. Thank you! Have a great summer!
LBHS Attendance Information
Avoid a Denied Credit on your Report Card. Second Semester Attendance Waiver Applications are due to the LBHS Attendance Office for any student who has missed more than 8 days in any class/ block for Semester 2 or more than 16 days in a full-year class. Parents, if your student received a DC on their report cards it is most likely because this application was not submitted. Please return it to us ASAP.
To participate in open gyms, fields, conditioning, or practice, each athlete must submit a new VHSL physical form dated 5/1/2023 or after. All current physicals will expire after 6/30/2023. Physicals must be on file with the athletic director.
If you need to contact Coach Fulton about athletic-related questions email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wrestling Open Mats
Open Mat for wrestling begins on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 pm. It will run every Wednesday from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm all summer except for July 5th. This is for all students in 7th-12th grade interested in wrestling. All participants must have an updated physical from no earlier than May 2023 and it must be presented to Coach Craft at Open Mat to participate. Parents are welcome to stay to watch
School Counseling Office Announcements and Events
Important School Dates:
- June 3: Compress and Shock Foundation’s 7th Annual CPR and AED Education Day at 9:00 AM at LBHS. See attached flyer for more information. Compress and Shock Flyer
- June 19-21: Lady Cavs Camp from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
- June 26-29: Future Cavs Boys’ Basketball Camp from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
- July 24-25: Lord Botetourt Youth Football Camp from 6:00-8:30 PM
- July 24-25: Lord Botetourt Future Cavs Cheer Camp from 6:00-8:00 PM
- July 27: Business Day for students to pick up their schedule, pay DE fees, pick up parking hang tags and money to cafeteria account, etc
- August 3: Business Day for students to pick up their schedule, pay DE fees, pick up parking hang tags, add money to cafeteria account, etc
- August 8: Freshman Transition Program, more information coming in July
- August 9: First Student School Day