The Hoover Hotline
Sharing Our Hoover P.R.I.D.E.
CLUBS ON HALLOWEEN
4th Grade Veterans Day Program Time Change
In order to support the city of Crawfordsville's efforts in restarting the community Veteran's Day Parade, we have decided to change our annual afternoon program from 1:00-2:00 pm to a morning program from 9:00-10:00 am. We hope this change will allow for more attendance at both events that day. There will be a coffee and doughnut reception for our Veterans from 8:30-9:00 prior to our program that morning. Please get this information to anyone who has already agreed to attend, as well as any new veterans you might invite. We are asking that you send back the information sheets for all veterans by the Friday after fall break, October 28th. Thank you again for your help in making this a wonderful opportunity for our fourth graders to honor others.
Hoover 4th Grade Teachers
The Hoover Hotline
2022-23 School Year
October 28, 2022
Hoover School bi-weekly upcoming information will sent out electronically via email and social media. If you require a printed copy of this publication, please contact the school office and a paper copy will be sent home with your student.
*Club busses will drop students who live on West Main on Pike Street.
Reunification Drill for Crawfordsville Middle School
Wilson/Furgye Girls BBall Teams Practice until 5
Mason/Norris Girls BBall Teams Practice until 5
Girls BBall Practice 3:00-5:00
Girls BBall Practice 3:00-5:00
4th Grade Veterans Day Program - 9:00
Nov. 23-25 - Thanksgiving Break, No School
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
Halloween is on Monday, October 31st and Hoover After School Clubs will be meeting as usual. Buses will run. However, if you live on West Main Street, your student will be dropped off on Pike Street since West Main will be closed for trick or treaters. The regular route will resume on Tuesday, November 1st. If you have any questions, please contact transportation.
All students who are enrolled in clubs are expected to attend. If a student needs to miss a night of clubs, a parent must call or send a note to the school office. If students miss clubs without a parent note or call to the office, they may be removed from their club and replaced with a student on the wait list.
After school club questions can be directed to our club coordinators: Anita Harris firstname.lastname@example.org and Ann Stanley email@example.com
For DISCOVERY CLUB questions, please contact Trisha Whicker firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to reach the school during after school clubs, the Discovery Club phone number is: 765-376-3204. The after-hours transportation number is: 765-376-3926 (Please use only for urgent matters related to your child’s after hours (5:00-7:00 PM) bus issues, NOT for address changes.)
WEEKLY FLYERS AND COMMUNITY INFORMATION
Elementary Dress Code
Dress code rules are necessary to maintain a positive learning atmosphere. Clothing considered acceptable outside of the school setting is not always acceptable in school.
- Shoes must be worn. Athletic footwear is preferred for the safety of students on the playground and during physical education classes. Students must have athletic shoes for PE. During the warmer months sandals are permitted only when they have an ankle strap. Flip flops and other backless footwear are not permitted.
- Clothing and/or accessories that are indecent, unsafe (i.e., no chains), unhealthy, unclean, too brief, or so unusual that it distracts other students or teachers may not be worn. Hair styles must not be considered a distraction to the learning environment (this includes Mohawks, faux hawks, and large spikes).
- Sleeveless tops are permitted, but no tank tops or spaghetti straps/no large arm hole openings. No abbreviated clothing or layering over abbreviated clothing (halter tops, midriff tops, tube tops, or low necklines) unless the underneath top is totally covered. Shirts and tops must be long enough to be able to tuck into pants and stay tucked in.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be no more than three inches above the knee. Pajama wear is not allowed unless it is a special theme day. Pants must be worn at the waist and not drag on the floor or be excessively baggy. Holes above the knee are not allowed. Students will not be able to repair clothes on site using tape.
- Tights/leggings/yoga pants must be accompanied by a fingertip length or longer top or dress.
- Clothing that is tight, flimsy, torn or ripped to the point of immodesty, or clothing that depicts violence or vulgarity of any kind may not be worn. Clothing and personal possessions with objectionable wording, sexually permissive wording/pictures, satanic symbolism, gang related symbolism, inappropriate pictures, or that which advertises alcohol, tobacco, or drugs are not acceptable.
- Students are not to wear hats, bandannas, headgear, hoods and/or gloves inside the school building during regular school hours.
- Sunglasses not medically prescribed are prohibited.
- Administrative discretion will be the final determination of dress code violations.
Dress Code - continued
If the manner of dress, grooming, or appearance disrupts the normal educational process, necessary steps will be taken to correct the situation. Students in violation of the dress code will be given three options to correct an inappropriate appearance:
Option 1: Use clothes provided by the school
Option 2: Call a parent or guardian to bring a change of clothes
Option 3: 1-day of in-school suspension