OAS PTA NEWSLETTER
Sunday, December 18, 2022
OPEN VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
We have a number of exciting events planned in 2023 for our OAS students & staff. In order to make these events successful we need YOUR help as our event chairs! If interested, please reach out to Liz Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jessica Kelly (email@example.com)
- Winter Staff Breakfast (Tuesday, February 14th): Co-chairs will organize a catered breakfast for OAS staff with the help of parent volunteers.
- Elementary STEAM Night: Grades 3-5 (Wednesday, April 26th): Co-chairs will organize a night of STEAM projects for our Elementary students & their parents. This event takes place at OAS in the evening
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 1-5th): Co-chairs will organize daily events to show OAS teacher our appreciation
- Staff Appreciation Lunch (Tuesday, May 2nd)- NEED ONE MORE VOLUNTEER: Co-chairs will organize a catered staff lunch with the help of parent volunteers
Elementary Rockin' Library Recess Starts in January!
The arrival of more traditional winter weather means that students will not have the opportunity to have outdoor recess. OAS & the PTA are offering elementary students the option of utilizing the library for reading and/or quiet activities during their regularly scheduled recess.
Library Recess will take place on Tuesdays. When considering this option, please remember:
* Lunch still takes place in the cafeteria
* Students will be escorted as a group from the cafeteria to the library for their 1⁄2 hour recess
* Students are invited to bring their own activities during Library Recess. 'No Electronics Allowed'
* This program will run for 6 weeks - the week of January 10th until the week of February 14th
* Students who sign-up commit to the 6-week program.
Please note that Library Recess will be offered on days contingent on OAS and parent volunteer availability.
Please fill out the form by January 6th.
If you have any questions, please email Jesal Gala at firstname.lastname@example.org.