Catholic School's Week
Catholic School’s Week Activities and Theme Days
THEME: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.
Sunday, January 27: LEADers in our Parish!
Kick off CSW with ALL School Mass
- We need the whole school to attend!
- PreK-3rd attendance will count towards their Religion grade.
- 4th-8th attendance will count as a test grade for their Leadership, Speech, and Choir Elective.
- Some of the older kids (4-8) will be LEADing in the choir, acting as ushers, doing the readings, intentions, etc.
Monday, January 28: Crazy About LEARNing
- · Scholars may wear CRAZY accessories (hat, socks, and scarves) and CRAZY hair with their regular school uniform
- BOOK FAIR STARTS!
Tuesday, January 29: LEADing Two By Two: TWINNING TUESDAY
- Scholars may dress as a TWIN with another scholar.
- We will have PASTRIES with PARENTS 7:15am-8:00am in the Gym before morning assembly; BOOK FAIR will be open to all!
Wednesday, January 30: Serving those Who SERVE Us
- MASS DAY- Wear Regular Mass uniform
- Goodies With Grandparents 7:15-8:00; grandparents invited to attend Mass after
- Student Council members will SERVE and deliver goody baskets around the community. We are asking each grade level to donate if you can. Whatever we are lacking, the school will supplement.
- Prek3 and 4: water bottles
- Kinder and 1st : nuts of any kind
- 2nd and 3rd: mini pretzel, goldfish, and cookie bags
- 4th: fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, cuties, etc)
- 5th-8th: candy, chocolates, mints, etc. Individually wrapped if possible
- We will make and deliver baskets for City Hall, Police, Fire, Parish, etc. If you have an empty basket, we will take that too!
- TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR STEPS for STUDENTS! Scholars MUST be registered by NOON to be eligible for our SOCK HOP Incentive on FRIDAY! Please see the STEPS for STUDENTS Contest Flyer for more information!
Thursday, January 31: “Sportin” SUCCESS: Wear Sports Shirts and Jeans
- In support of our clergy, who ALL love sports, scholars will be allowed to wear any sports shirt or jersey and JEANS
- Scholars will make cards and may bring gifts for Father Clint, Deacon Joe, Deacon John, or any other clergy in our parish. We will “tackle” our clergy with love!
- Thursday Night:5-7pm OPEN HOUSE and 8th grade Class Washington DC Trip Spaghetti Fundraiser Dinner (all proceeds to benefit the 8th grade class trip)
- Book Fair Open!
- All Students attending OPEN HOUSE will receive a FREE DRESS PASS for tomorrow, Friday, 2/1
- During Open House, Miss Monica and Miss Angelica will have our Early Bird Enrollment Table Set-up with more information about early enrollment for 2019-2020!
Friday, February 1: STEP INTO FALCON PRIDE
To wrap up our CSW and GEAR UP for STEPS for STUDENTS we will:
- Have a ½ day
- We WILL have Extended Day
- Our 2nd Annual STEPS for STUDENTS SOCK HOP will be from 10:30-12:00; ONLY Students who are registered by NOON on January 30 will be able to attend—GET REGISTERED TODAY!
- PTL will be providing FREE ROOT BEER FLOATS during the SOCK HOP!
***The Living Museum Date has been moved to 2/28***
Washington D.C. Fundraiser
Thank you for your support!!
STEPS FOR STUDENTS!
Our 7th grade class received a donuts party this week for having the most funds raised!
Congratulations 7th grade! Who will be our class winner next week? Next week's winner gets a PIZZA PARTY! Please remember to register for Steps for Students today!
Join your Fatima Family for Steps for Students 2019! This is a wonderful opportunity to join other Catholic Schools from the Galveston/Houston Archdiocese's as we celebrate Catholic Education together. We are planning events to prepare us for the big event. We will have a tailgate section in the Catholic Village. We encourage everyone to join our Falcon Spirit today!
Please follow the link below to register for Steps for Students 2019! $17.00 of your registration fee will come directly to Our Lady of Fatima Texas City!
When registering, please note the school will be credited your registration at the very end, so please don't panic when you don't see our school name throughout your registration process!
Each homeroom will compete against each other for the most money raised. The competition will started this week! Remember to raise money, first register, and then ask for sponsors (grandparents, work, friends, family) to donate to your page. Our school gets 100% of all donations and only $2 of your registration fee is donated to the Catholic Schools Office. So Fatima gets almost everything and we use that money for field trips, extra curricular activities, etc. We need your support!
In addition to each homeroom competing, any scholar who is registered by NOON on 1/31 will be eligible for our 2nd Annual SOCK HOP and get a root beer float! Also if 100% of the school registers, we will have a school wide movie and popcorn day before we dismiss for spring break!
Our school wide goal is $5,000! I know we can do it!
Steps for Students workout with Father Clint!
Everyone will meet in Kukral Hall and are asked to bring water, towel and a yoga mat if you have one. All skill levels are welcome!
Come and join the fun!!
Denim and Diamonds Casino Night
Both Boys and Girls Basketball have concluded their regular season games, and we couldn't be prouder. A HUGE SHOUT OUT to ALL the COACHES who led our Boys and Girls this year, but an especially big SHOUT OUT to Coach Lopez and Coach Leonard for working hard to set schedules, set up for games, attend extra practices, and all the other behind the scenes things it took to have a great season.
Also, a special SHOUT OUT to PreK Dad, Matthew Raines, for loaning us his TCISD Band Twice to play at the games.
Next week, 1/23, we will host our only Co-ED Game of the season against Mt. Carmel! We hope to see ALL our FATIMA FALCONS there! Nothing says school spirit like a great sport's game!
Both Cheer Squads will also be cheering at our final game of the season!
As basketball ends, we are gearing up for softball, track, and soccer! Be on the lookout for more information. FALCONS RISE UP!
Dear Fatima Families:
The New Year has brought some new changes in all of us, but for me personally, I have been working hard to get myself back into the groove of eating better and working out. It takes stamina to keep up with these kids! As part of my goal to personally be better, I am using our school-wide STEPS campaign as a platform to do my first ever 5K! I need my Fatima Families there to walk/run with me! This weekend my husband, whom most of you know, is running in the Houston Marathon. He is doing the 1/2 marathon as part of his training to complete the full marathon next year. Father Clint also is an avid runner, and he is registered and ready to join us! If you haven't already, please register and join our SCHOOL WIDE incentive to get better, feel better, and compete in STEPS! Part of my motivation--besides my pants fitting--is I want to show ALL the other schools in the area WHO WE ARE! We are the FALCONS and we are RISING UP to compete and be seen and heard with anyone! Not just in athletics, but in academics and in school pride! STEPS is the perfect platform for all of this! Plus, ALL the money raised comes back to the school for us to use for FIELD TRIPS, the 8th GRADE TRIP, TUITION ASSISTANCE, and so much more! But we cannot do it without you! Register today, but please don't stop there! We need DONATIONS from anyone and everyone! I know there is NO LIMIT to what our Fatima Families can do when we set our minds to it! FALCONS--RISE UP!