Safe Facilities and Pest Management
ServSafe Chapter 9
Floors, Walls, and Ceilings:
Installing and Maintaining Equipment:
- Floor mounted equipment 6 in. high.
- Tabletop equipment 4 in. high.
Dish Washing Machines:
Dishwasher must be able to measure:
- Water Pressure
- Water Temperature.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemical Concentration.
Hand Washing Stations:
Hand Washing Stations are required in:
- Food prep
- Dish Washing
What must a hand washing station include?
- Hot and Cold running water
- A way to dry hands
- Garbage Container
Utilities and Building Systems:
- Garbage Disposal
Imminent Health Hazards:
What is a imminent health hazard?
- A significant threat or danger to health.
- Requires immediate correction or closure to prevent injury.
- Electrical power outages
- Sewage backups
- Deny access
- Deny food
- Deny shelter
- Deny water
Check all Deliveries, reject deliveries if you find:
- Naw marks
- Egg cases
Make sure all of the points where pests can access the building are secure:
- Screen all windows and vents.
- Seal all cracks in floors and walls, and around pipes.
- Install air curtains above or alongside doors. (Also could be called air doors or fly fans)
What does "PCO" stand for?