GT Academy Student Showcase
May 11-12, 2023 / 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Pearland ISD Education Support Center
Join us as GT Academy students share their Texas Performance Standards Projects! This "come and go" event begins at 6:00 p.m. and will end at 7:30 p.m. Visitors are encouraged to ask questions and visit student products and presentations from all grade levels.
Thursday, May 11, 2023, 06:00 PM
1928 North Main Street, Pearland, TX, USA
What is the TPSP?
The goal of the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) is to give students an opportunity to create professional quality work in alignment with the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/ Talented Students.
Students who participate in the TPSP:
- explore an area of interest;
- develop confidence in their abilities to complete an independent research project;
- use their own research to produce an innovative, discipline-based product;
- are stretched to discover what they are capable of doing academically;
- learn to accept challenges in order to perform at a high academic and intellectual level; and
- improve communication and presentation skills.
Story Quilts: Fifth grade students researched topics such as Robotic Surgery, Crypto Currency, Hackers, Mental Health and Ocean Pollution. After writing a research paper, students integrated their findings into the design of an original quilt based on geometric principles and symbolism. Prepare to be inspired by the depth of knowledge and perseverance that is shown in each of the beautiful quilts.
Culture Shock: Sixth grade students took a virtual tour and explored the culture, geography, history, government or economy of a country. They chronicled their adventure with travel blogs, vlogs, interviews and scrapbooks. Each group documented their journey on a map, collected artifacts, and learned phrases in the native language. Come listen as they share highlights of their trip!
Passion to Action: Seventh and eighth grade students were given "voice and choice" as they explored topics of personal interest through research and project management. Students developed a wide variety of products to share what was learned and worked in small groups to create a plan of action related to their topic to impact the community.
May 11 - 5th grade and select 7th & 8th grade presentations
May 12 - 6th grade and select 7th & 8th grade presentations
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4:00 - 4:30 GTAB provides pizza & drinks in cafeteria
4:30- 5:00 Students change into presentation attire
5:00 - 5:30 Students bussed to ESC
6:00-7:30 Student Presentations @ ESC
7:30 Students released to parents from ESC
- Students are expected to wear professional attire (no jeans, t-shirts or shorts). Clothes should be brought to school on the day of the Showcase, and students will have time to change after school.
- GTAB is providing pizza and drinks for all students after school the day of the Showcase.
- Busses will transport all students to the ESC from school. Students will be released to parents from the ESC at 7:30 p.m.
- No Homework! Students will leave backpacks and instruments at school. They will not return to campus after the Showcase.
- GTAB will have baked goods for sale. Funds raised go directly back to the students through the support of field experiences, mini courses, and other classroom needs. Parents, please consider donating individually wrapped baked goods. You may drop them off at the front office or take them directly to the Showcase on May 11th. Please sign up using the link below.
GTAB TPSP Showcase Bake Sale
The GT Academy Booster Club (GTAB) will be holding a Bake Sale at the GTA Showcase on Thursday, May 11th and Friday, May 12th from 6:00-7:30pm. All 5th graders, and some 7th and 8th graders will participate on May 11th. All 6th graders, and some 8th graders will participate on May 12th.
TPSP Bake Sale Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to man our drinks and desserts tables for our GTAB Bake Sale taking place during the 2023 TPSP GTA Showcase on Thursday May 11th and Friday, May 12th. Each shift will be 30 minutes to allow for our volunteers to also enjoy the show.
GTA Student Showcase Set Up
Volunteers are needed to help set up for our 2023 GT Academy Student Showcase. Any help is appreciated. From serving pizza or monitoring hallways as students get dressed in their professional attire to setting up projects at the Education Support Center, there are many ways you can help.