East Antioch Kindergarten
Kindergarten 2021 - 2022 School Year
To make sure that you receive all of the communications regarding enrolling for kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, sign up using this link.
All Shawnee Mission School District enrollments are now completed online! Please take a look at the information below letting you know what you will need in order to complete enrollment. At the bottom of the page is a link to the district’s enrollment page. You will be given opportunities to upload all of the documents mentioned below.
What you need to know about enrolling your child in the Shawnee Mission School District!
There are several documents we need to be able to enroll your child in the Shawnee Mission School District beyond the enrollment forms.
1. State Issued Birth Certificate – We must have a copy of the state issued birth certificate for every child enrolling in the Shawnee Mission School District. Without this document the enrollment process cannot go forward.
2. Parent or Guardian ID’s – Copies of the parents or guardians drivers licenses with the address matching the address used for enrollment. Guardians – please have court documents available to show you have the legal authority to enroll the student for school.
3. Proof of Residency – Proof of residency must be provided before a child can start school in the Shawnee Mission School District.
a. Home Owners:
Copy of the bill of sale, copy of mortgage payment or a real estate tax bill in your name at the address provided for enrollment AND
2 copies of utility bills in your name at the address provided.
Copy of the lease with your name listed at the address provided for enrollment AND
2 copies of utility bills in your name at the address provided. Please see the secretary directly if utilities are included in your rent.
**If you are living with someone else and cannot provide these documents in your name, please contact the office at 913-993-3200 for a Residency Provider packet and more information about this process.
4. Immunization Records – Proof of immunizations must be provided for a child to begin school in the state of Kansas. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, contact the school nurse at 913-993-3202.
Click here to go to access the enrollment page to begin the enrollment process.
You can access the ASQ Survey Links HERE. Please note they are specific to students that will attend East Antioch.
We ask that all parents please complete the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3 and ASQ-SE) as part of the enrollment process.
- Parent or caregiver completes screening tools that encourage parent involvement in children’s development. This will tell us more information about your child and help us to best support him or her.
- ASQ-3 measures overall development in 5 areas: communication, gross motor, fine motor, problem solving, and personal-social.
- ASQ-SE looks at social-emotional development in 7 key behavioral areas: self-regulation, compliance, adaptive functioning, autonomy, affect, social-communication, and interaction with people
Tools used to identify strengths of students and possible areas requiring more support.
Tools to use as a quick check to see how children are meeting developmental milestones.
Key purpose is to begin the parent-school educational partnership
Let's take a tour with Perry!
- vaccine information
- over the counter meds
- prescription meds
If you have any questions, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet our fabulous teachers!
We have three amazing kindergarten teachers at East Antioch and they all look forward to welcoming your children. What can parents do to get their child ready for Kindergarten?
Learn more from Mrs. O'Dwyer HERE
Learn more about the kindergarten curriculum from Mrs. Klos HERE.
See a welcome video from Mrs. Waris, our newest addition to our kindergarten team. HERE.
Every child participates in specials including art, music, PE and library. Meet the teachers!
Our specialists look forward to educating your children and they have prepared a welcome for your children. Please share these videos with your incoming kindergarten student!
Sing a song together with Ms. Williams! Check it out HERE.
Do a stem project and learn to be an engineer with Ms. Marino HERE.
Check out the art room and see what MS. Chudik has planned for you next year HERE.
School supply list
Please do not label your child’s supplies
∙ 1 box of ziplock sandwich baggies (GIRLS ONLY)
∙ 1 spiral notebook
∙ 6 pencils, #2 lead
∙ 1 big pink eraser
∙ Plastic Pencil box ONLY (No pencil bags please)
∙ Crayola crayons
∙ 1 pkg. Classic Crayola markers, washable
∙ Elmer’s school glue, 8 oz. bottle (washable school glue)
∙ Scissors, 4” (Fiskars for kids with metal blades are recommended) ∙ Water colors
∙ 8 glue sticks
∙ 1 container disinfectant wipes
∙ 1 container Wet Wipes (BOYS ONLY)
∙ 4 dry erase markers-black
∙ 1 pair of headphones NO earbuds
∙ 1 box of tissues
∙ 1 box of Crayola crayons for Library(BOYS)
∙ 1 pkg. Classic Crayola markers, washable for Library(GIRLS)