Dalai Lama Fellows at Peralta
Mindful, Compassionate, and Ethical Leaders
Begin Your Journey in Mindful, Compassionate, and Ethical Leadership
Join an international network of Fellows who are committed to social change rooted in secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion. We are calling globally-minded citizens who want to build a more harmonious, peaceful, and sustainable world. Propose a year-long Compassion-in-Action project that addresses one or more of the six Global Challenges:
- Poverty Alleviation
- Access to Education
- Gender Inequities
- Access to Health
- Environmental Devastation
As a Fellow, you:
- Design and launch a project to address a significant challenge in your community;
- Travel to the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA), to be held in Petaluma, California on July 1-8, 2016 and again in 2017, to connect with Fellows from around the world and to deepen your leadership capacity;
- Receive up to $6,000 in funding for your project in addition to funding for travel costs to attend the ELA; and,
Participate in a distinctive, year-long curriculum with ongoing, personalized coaching.
Learn more about the Fellowship journey by viewing our website.
To apply: http://bit.ly/DLFPeralta2016 (Deadline: March 11, 2016)
Click Below for 2 Minute Video on Dalai Lama Fellows
Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student - pursuing an AA or AS, or studying with the goal of transferring to a four-year college - at one of the four Peralta district colleges during the Fellowship year;
Not hold a previous bachelor's or higher degree;
- Propose a project that engages with a local community in Alameda County or Contra Costa County;
Be able to attend the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) from July 1-8, 2016 and again in July 2017 in Petaluma, California;
Be available to engage with the Tilling the Soil curriculum and refine the proposed compassion-in-action project beginning April 1st, both through self-guided learning and conversations with Dalai Lama Fellows Program Directors;
Be prepared to dedicate sufficient time and energy to both the project, the year-long Ethical Leadership curriculum, and the Dalai Lama Fellows community.
Dalai Lama Fellows, a distinctive, secular global program personally authorized by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, envisions a world that works for all. We do this by guiding a global network of young social entrepreneurs to deepen their effectiveness by merging innovation with secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion.