The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 8 Issue 245
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
Hello Stallion Families,
We have an usual week ahead of us at the Ranch. We have our normal early release on Wednesday with students heading home at 1:55 PM. On Thursday and Friday students will dismiss at 11:55 AM to allow time for conferences.
As I shared last week, we are using Signup.com to schedule fall conferences. You will be able to select your student’s teacher(s) and then pick a day/time for the conference. It is a pretty easy process, but if you run into any trouble, please contact us for assistance. So, if you have not done so already, please click the button below to schedule your conference(s).
As you prepare for conferences, here are a few items to keep in mind.
Before the conference:
- Ask your child how she feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that he wants you to talk about with his teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help her.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
Prepare a list of questions such as:
- What are my child's strongest and weakest subjects?
- Does my child hand homework in on time?
- Does my child participate in class?
- Does my child seem happy at school?
- What can I do at home to help?
During the conference:
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives special services such as reading support, ask about your child's progress in those classes.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
After the conference:
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.
Thank you all for participating in this important aspect of school!
Just to clarify our schedule this week. Wednesday is an Early Release Day. Students will dismiss at 1:55 PM on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, students will head home at 11:55 AM to allow time for conferences.
Help Feed the Staff
I continue to highly recommend the use of masks or face coverings. Each day more and more students are wearing masks to school. It is an excellent measure that helps keep everyone healthy and safe.
As always, should you have any questions related to Sonoma Ranch and our COVID safety measures, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirement for All Families
Each year every parent/guardian needs to update the information we have on you and your student(s) within Infinite Campus. We call it the "Annual Update" and it is required of everyone. The update is required of everyone, even if you've just registered. Please follow the steps below to complete your annual update.
Below are instructions on how to complete the ‘Annual Update’ online using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Step 2 - Click on the Annual Update picture under District Announcements.
Step 3 - Follow the instructions on the screen.
If you do not have access to a computer at home, you can stop by the Ranch during school hours and use one of their kiosks.
Upcoming Spirit Days!
The Week Ahead
Tuesday is a Spirit Day! It is Twin Day @ the Ranch! Students are encourged to pick a friend, or family member, or group, and everyone dress the same on Tuesday! It is a fun and easy way to show some spirit and make Tuesday fun! Tuesday after school the Dance Sequins class meets.
Wednesday is an early release day. All students will be dismissed at 1:55 PM on Wednesday. After students depart our teachers will meet for professional learning communitiies. development. All students will dismiss at 1:55 PM.
Thursday is Brown Day for our Kindergarteners. Our Kindergarteners continue learning their colors, and to show our support and encourage their learning, everyone is encouraged to wear brown on Thursday! We have an 11:55 AM half day dismissal on Thursday for conferences.
This Friday is a Stallion Style Day! Everyone is encouraged to wear their Stallion Gear or school colors! Students will dismiss at 11:55 AM on Friday for conferences as well.
Lunch (and breakfast) is FREE
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended free meals for children 18 years and younger until further notice to help ensure all children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gilbert Public Schools will provide combo meals at no cost to students for breakfast and lunch. A combo meal includes an entree, fruit and/or vegetable and beverage (milk and/or juice).
We certainly encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity.