Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of February 8, 2016
Focus Letter: Ee
Sight Words: Review Red Words
Phonics: rhyming/ word families, sneaky "e", C K rule
Reading: Making predictions
Math: Unit review
Results are in from the groundhog...SPRING is CoMiNg!!!
Thank you to those who sent in items for the "Souper Bowl" food drive! We came in second place and only 8 items behind the winning class! Therefore, student council extended the Ice-cream party to us as well!!! YAY!!
BONUS: For an extra prize have your child cut out 3 rainbow words from a newspaper or magazine and paste them in the agenda on Monday and Tuesday!
Focus Letter: Yy
Sight Words: Orange word review/ spelling and reading
Phonics: y sometimes says /e/and /i/, sneaky "e", C K rule
Reading: Main idea and details
Math: counting money, identifying number partners with break apart lines
Valentine's Party is Friday! Please note in the agenda if your child will not have Valentine's to share with the class. Also, if you would like to send in any extra treats for the party note that as well. Thanks to those who donated already!
Extra!! We will not have a Kid Newspaper for Monday or Tuesday this week.
- Homework packets are due each Friday. Please sign and return in the folder.
- Kindergarten News is sent home daily. Please return the next day completed.
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere
February 23 – PTO Meeting 5 PM
March 4 – Doughnuts for Dad
– End of the 3rd Nine Weeks
March 10 – Report cards go home
March 15 – PK Open House 6:00
Marsh 23 – PTO Meeting 5:00
SPRING BREAK 3/19 – 4/3