Cell cycle and Mitosis
By Garrett and Grant Sims
There are 5 phases.
- G1 (first growth sequence)
- S (Synthesis phase)
- G2 (second growth phase)
- Mitosis (division of nucleus)
- Cytokinesis (division of cytoplasm)
There are 5 stages of Mitosis. Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, cytokinesis.
1. Prophase: spindles formed by microtubules.
2. Metaphase: Centromeres convene along metaphase plate.
3. Anaphase: Sister chromatid split and move to opposite sides of the cell
4. Telophase: new nuclear envelope is formed using parts of the parent cells nuclear membrane.
5. Interphase:chromosomes duplicate and the copies remain attached to eachother.