The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 8, 2018
Lesson Plans DUE
Tuesday, Oct. 9th, 8am
- To the Gr1 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions are still taking place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
Rowan PDS Meetings
Wednesday, Oct. 10th, 3pm
- Bullock/Rowan PDS Teem Meeting (3:00, Rowan Room)
- Rowan PDS Network Meeting (4:45, Rowan U)
Fire Safety Assembly
Thursday, Oct. 11th, 9:30am
- Please have students sit in an arch as they did for Coach Mark's assembly.
The Principal's POV on...the MAGIC of People!
To the teachers that will be facilitating our FUNdations & Eureka dialog later on this month, don't forget to book your PD day...and you might even want to consider some peer observations as well (TY to Mrs. Burt for the idea!). To everyone at #BullockES look below for some STANDOUT quotes from our conversations this month...and don't forget share reflections as you read this month's article via email & social media!
Underground Martial Arts
Amazing assembly with Coach Mark! Believe in Yourself!
Words to Inspire...
Our kiddos having a blast with Willie Green. Hold on tight to your dreams!
Words to Inspire...
News & Notes
October's SEL Article: The article for our October team meetings is now available next to the sign-in sheet on the front counter! Please remember to pick-up your copy. I can't wait to hear everyone's TQE's (thoughts, questions & epiphanies) about "Responding with Care to Students with Trauma."
Bullock Green Team: The Bullock School is working towards Sustainable Jersey for Schools Certification. We are looking for a team to help collect information and help us achieve this honor. If you are interested, please email Sonya. Meetings would be monthly, and SHORT (no later than 3:30).
Ready to Learn Breathing: ALL students should be participating in our morning Ready-to-Learn Breathing activity. I've had a smattering of Bulldog Buddy winners and/or Check-in students from various classrooms stop in just before or during our breathing. Please hold them until our morning mindfulness exercise is complete.
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Alisa, thank you for all the support (especially the mental support!) through these first few weeks of OG. You don’t know how much it means!
- Awesome breakfast Wednesday morning! Everything was delicious.
- Thank-you Amy for your technology help!
- GREAT team meeting 2nd grade!
- Thank you Orton Gillingham girls for supporting me this Wednesday!
- Kim – thanks for helping with set up for the assembly on Tuesday!
- Thank you teachers for the positive feedback about our visit from Willie Green!
- To the custodial staff – thank you so much for getting the STEAM room cleaned up for me!
- Steph – love your dog door! Thanks for the doggie pics.
- Bullock Faculty & Staff – You are amazing. You come to this school every day & change lives. If you ever think you’re not making a difference, look around you. Thank you for every smile, every kind word, every sincere gesture you put out there every day, to both the children and adults around you!
- Budney – Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to plan the Fossil Park trip for the ENTIRE SCHOOL! We can’t tell you how much we appreciate this amazing surprise!
- Puddie – Keep laughing! LOL!
- Andi – Thank you for being an amazing support! Really appreciate & love your daily check-ins! - Sonya
- My blue lobster-thank you for being amazing every day!
- Toni & Robyn-always love sharing in activities with you…..like tamales!
- Suzanne & Miss M-thank you for everything you do….love you both!
- Mrs. Raynor-thank you for stepping in and helping our class this week
- Carol & Joan-thanks for all you do!
- Nicole-thanks for always listening and being a wonderful friend
- Thank you Mrs. Raynor for helping us out in a difficult situation!
- Heather-Couldn't do this without you-Love you!
- Thank you Miss M for doing a great job in our room!
- Miss Suzanne-You’re the best-Glad you’re here with us!
- Thank you Andy and Christine Williams for the support!!!
- Thank you to Theresa!! You saved me!!
- Rita, what can I say? You are a life saver!!! Simone
- Huge thanks for the CST Office for your help today!
- Huge thanks to Mrs. Budney for putting the Dinosaur Dig field trip together for the entire school! You are a true educator looking out for the best interests of all!
- Thanks Steph for your encouragement!!! You rock!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 10/01: Week of Respect (Assembly 10/1 @ 1:00 PM)
- 10/04: Pictures & Back-to-School Night (6:00 for BSI Session; 6:30 Session 1)
- 10/05: School Closed (Inservice Day)
- 10/08: School Closed (Columbus Day)
- 10/09: PTO Assembly (1:30 PM)
- 10/11: Fire Prevention Assembly (9:15 AM); Duffield Farms Trip
- 10/12: CAST Meetings
- 10/15: Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 10/19: Hispanic Heritage Celebration
- 10/22: F&P Window OPENS (10/22-10/26)
- 10/26: CAST Meetings, Star Student Luncheon, Fossil Park Trips
- 10/29: Gr1 Team Meeting
- 10/30: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 10/31: Halloween Parade (1:00 PM)
- 11/01: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 11/02: Fossil Park Trips
Glassboro Public Schools will be closed on Monday, OCT 8 in observance of Columbus Day.