The Borromeo School Bulletin #72
September 15, 2022
Reminders from Dr. Mullenschlader
- When arriving in the morning, please make sure to pull as far up as possible. This way we can get as many cars off of Fifth Street as possible.
- Regarding dismissal from the top lot, please do not park on the street and have your children walk to your car and leave. We have cars trying to get into the parking lot.
Our average dismissal time this year is about 5 minutes, which means that we are clearing the lot very efficiently. Thank you for following our procedures that ensure the safety of all students.
- If you have an appointment and need to pick up your children before the end of the day, please pick them up by 2:45 pm in the main office.
- If you do need to come up to school, please always check in at the front office. This will ensure that we check you in and know all of the visitors in the building.
Parish Picnic Contest Winners
First Place Winner
Congratulations to fifth grader Lilyan Richards who won the Parish Picnic Poster Contest. Her poster will be featured throughout school and Church.
Congratulations to fifth grader Claire Wohlberg for receiving honorable mention in the Parish Picnic Poster Contest. Her poster will be featured in the parish bulletin.
Protecting God’s Children
All parents who want to volunteer for any reason at school need to complete the Archdiocesan Prevent and Protect Training.
Here are the instructions or go to the flyer in the attachment section:
Create an account through the Archdiocese at preventandprotectstl.org, register for a background check, sign the code of conduct and sign up for a PGC workshop. If you have any questions, please contact Rosanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in a family picture (a family selfie is fine). The pictures will not be returned, they will be used in a collage in the school
September 23 is St. Charles High School’s homecoming parade. Parts of Kingshighway, Clark, 5th St., and Jefferson will be blocked for the parade route that afternoon until about 2:30
Please help us by donating feminine products for stocking the bathrooms.
Volunteer help is needed!
Use the links below to sign up for volunteer opportunities.
Home and School Association
Grade Captains and Room Parents
Please make sure to update FACTS
Updating FACTS information - Please make sure to check your FACTS accounts for accurate information for the following information:
1. Emergency Contact Information
2. Phone Numbers
3. Current Employer and Occupation Information
4. Any address changes
5. Parish Information - Current Parish
6. Current medical information for your child
BASK invoices go out on the last of the month and are to be paid by the 20th of the month to avoid late fees.
Here is the September Sign Up Link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444ACAC28A7F58-bask11
Here is the October Sign Up Link:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444ACAC28A7F58-bask12
If you sign your child up but no longer need care please delete them from the sign up or email their teach and Mrs. Freeman to let them now to send them to car pick up.
Feel free to email Mrs. Freeman with any questions or concerns.
Important Dates for BASK:
Sept. 20th- BASK Payments Due.
Sept. 21st-Early Out Day! BASK is offered for free from 2:15-3:00.
Sept. 30th- NO BASK!
Sept. 30th- BASK Invoices go out!
Oct. 7th- Half Day! BASK is Offered. If your child is attending please send a lunch.
Oct. 19th-Early Out Day! BASK is offered for free from 2:15-3:00.
Oct.24th-Oct.31st- Fall Break!
Oct. 31st- BASK Invoices go out!
St. Charles Parish Volunteer Information
Trivia Night Thanks You's and Shout Outs
Thank you to the Galazka Family, the Fahrenhorst Family, the Moffit Family, and the Ovlia Family for leading a night of fun. And to Mary Brdar for keeping us all entertained throughout the night. Great job!
We had a wonderful time at our 80’s Trivia Night. Thank you to all who attended and to those who donated or volunteered their time to make the event a success! We would like to give a special thank you to our 3 event sponsors as well as our bar sponsor.
Thank you to the trial law firm Rossiter & Boock, LLC. Contact parishioner Jamie Boock with all your personal injury and fiduciary legal needs at 314-754-1500. www.rossiterboock.com
Thank you to JC Care Care & Tire. Check them out at jccarcare.com for all of your vehicle repair needs.
Thank you to Dynamic Controls. Check them out at www.dciusa.com for your building automation and security system needs.
Thank you to Together Credit Union for being our Bar Sponsor. Check out www.togethercu.org for a trusted financial partner.
Sign up for a shift, or maybe even 2 at the below link:
Helpful Picnic Links: We still need lots of volunteers!
- Volunteer for Friday/ Saturday shifts here: https://bit.ly/22satpicnicvolunteers
- Volunteer for Sunday shifts here: https://bit.ly/22sunpicnicvolunteers
- Purchase food, game, and ride tickets here: https://bit.ly/22scbpicnictickets
- Purchase raffle tickets here: https://bit.ly/22scbpicnicraffle
- Follow the Parish Picnic on Facebook @borromeoparishpicnic
Parish Picnic Events:
- Family Fun Run starts at 6 in the lower lot
- Washers tournament registration ends at 5:30 with games starting at 6 in the upper lot
- Mass at 4pm
- Games/Food/Drinks/Rides (5-10pm)
- Live Music by The Broken Hipsters
- Silent Auction
- Beef and Chicken Dinner (11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
- Games/Food/Drinks/Rides (12-7 p.m.)
- Live Music
- Silent Auction
- Cash and Tech Raffles (drawings at 7 p.m.)
2022-2023 Calendar Breaks
We will be sharing the final version of our 2022-2023 school year calendar shortly. For planning purposes please the following important dates ~
10/24 - 10/31 - Fall Break
11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
12/23 - 1/2/23 - Christmas Break
3/20/23 - 3/24/23 - Spring Break
5/26 - Last Day of School (Early Dismissal)
Upcoming Half Days/ Early Dismissal Days/ Days Off/ Community Events
Upcoming Half Days/ Early Dismissal Days/Days Off
9/21 - Early Dismissal Day (2:15 pm) - Teacher PLC
9/30 - Noon Dismissal - Picnic Setup Day
10/7 - Noon Dismissal - Teacher Professional Development Day
10/19 - Early Dismissal Day (2:15 pm) - Teacher PLC
9/16 - All School Mass (no kindergarten)
9/19-9/23 - Iowa Testing
9/20 - 5-8 School Mass
9/23 - All School Mass - Kindergarten Welcome Mass
9/26-9/29 - 6th Grade Camp Lakewood
9/27 - K-4 School Mass
9/30 - All School Mass
10/1-10/2 - Parish Picnic
10/4 - 5-8 School Mass - St. Francis of Assisi
10/5 - Kindergarten Field Trip
10/6 - Fourth Grade Field Trip
10/7 - All School Mass - Our Lady of the Rosary
10/7 - Picture Retake
10/11 - K-4 School Mass
10/14 - All School Mass
10/17 - Adoration
10/18 - 5-8 School Mass
10/21 - All School Mass
For all the members of our SCB family who have lost loved ones in recent weeks.
For all the members of our SCB family moving on to new adventures in the 2022-2023 school year.
For the safety and well being of all of our school families over the summer.
For all those suffering from and continuing to heal from COVID, especially members of our Saint Charles Borromeo School families.
For all the members of our United States military who continue to serve our country.
For all of the quiet intentions held in the hearts of the members of our St. Charles Borromeo Community.
We are still HIRING!
School Aides (Part-time and Full-Time)
Cafeteria Supervision (Part-Time 2 hours a day)
Recess Supervision (Part-Time 2 hours a day)
If interested, please contact Dr. Mullenschlader through email@example.com
IMPORTANT PEOPLE AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Dr. Dan Mullenschlader - Principal
Mrs. Michelle Winkler - Assistant Principal
Mrs. Kelly Koschmeder - Office Manager
Fr. William Dotson - Pastor
Fr. Eddie Godefroid- Associate Pastor
Mrs. Megan Ambrose - Counselor
Mrs. Monica Barnes - Accountant
Mr. Luan Nguyen
- The date for the Night at the Derby Dinner Auction has been announced as Saturday, April 22, 2023, you can visit the Facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/SCBdinnerauction
- High School Information - ATTENTION 8TH GRADE BOYS: CBC is now accepting appointments for our Official 8th Grade Visit Program. During this visit, a young man will participate in Experience CBC Classes designed especially for 8th-grade students. He will meet with a current CBC student, attend some of his classes, and have lunch with him. Finally, during the CBC Explore Period, he will have the opportunity to meet with teachers, coaches, and program moderators to gather detailed information about the things in which he is interested. This program is by reservation only. Please contact Mrs. Melissa Ryan at (314) 985-6095 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your Official 8th Grade Visit.
Come visit DUCHESNE! - Duchesne High School is a co-ed Catholic college preparatory school that provides each student unique opportunities to develop their God-given talents, growing into leaders in MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT. Contact Lisa Koepke, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 636.757.6932 for more information.