Stuck in a loop?
The dangers of Bulimia Nervosa(aka Bulimia)
Do You Expirence? ...
- Discolored or stained teeth,
- A feeling of being out of control during binge eating,
- Less time spent with friends or family,
- Rigorous and strict daily exercise,
- Eating large amounts of food, followed by ways to prevent weight gain, such as self induced vomiting,
- Caught in a loop of dieting and binge eating?
You may have Bulimia.
The Effects of Bulimia
Bulimia is extremely dangerous for the person who has it. The strict and obsessive exercise put strain on muscles and bones. The purging of food from the body, also is bad since the nutrients from the foods aren't able to be completely absorbed. It also causes harm on social matters, since people with Bulimia tend to be too obsessed with their weight and exercise. Bulimia is as much as a mental disorder as it is a physical one.
Celebrities Who've Overcome Bulimia:Yeardley Smith
Yeardley Smith, struggled with Bulimia for 25 years, starting at 13 years old. Famous from her role as Lisa SImpsons in the long running animated sitcom, The Simpsons. Art imitated when her character Lisa suffered from an eating disorder in the episode “Sleeping with the enemy”. Now. Smith is performing a one woman show, “More” exposing her eating disorder. Yeardley Smith may be an acting and voice talent, but is human. Anyone can overcome Bulimia, if they work against their problem.