" Line Graph "
Aka Linear or Straight Line Graphs
Features of a " Line Graph "
- Horizonal Axis ( x-axis )
- Vertical Axis ( y-axis )
What Are The Steps To Create A " Line Graph " ?
- Draw a large cross in the middle of your graph paper.
- Label each axis with the variable it represents.
- Identify the range of data you have to include for each variable.
- Decide how many units every line on the graph represents for each of your variables.
- Plot your data on the graph.
- Connect the left-most dot & the dot to its right with a straight line.
- Repeat the process if you're graphing multiple data sets.
- Write the graph's title at the top of the page.
What are the pros & cons of a " Line Graph " ?
- Shows absolute changes in data.
- 2 sets of data can be shown on the same graph.
- Scale can sometimes be difficult.
- Can only be used with continous data.