Rio Vista Scoop
- From time to time there continues to be trespassing issues within the community. Please keep in mind there is no public property in the community other than the park area. All properties whether vacant or occupied are private property. This includes bayous and trails in addition to residential lots.
- Not to discourage anyone from enjoying our community please keep in mind our streets are under County jurisdiction or Patton Village. Should you choose to ride a unlicensed or illegal vehicle on the streets you are subject to all current traffic laws.
- The board will be using the POA website to communicate with residents. We will not be using any social media platforms to relay information. We encourage all residents to set up an account to receive all notifications and announcements. See link to website toward the end of the newsletter.
- We encourage all residents to attend the quarterly POA meetings when ever possible. This is the forum where residents can get information, voice concerns, and share ideas.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam (such as Smucker’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9-oz.) packages chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco Famous)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- Step 1
Beat whipping cream, jam, and vanilla with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium-low speed until fully combined, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high; beat until mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high; beat until very thick, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Step 2
Place a 12-inch paper doily (or a 12-inch parchment paper circle) on a cake plate. Spread a thin layer (about 1/4 cup) whipped cream mixture in a circle on doily, leaving a 2-inch border. Top with 6 wafer cookies arranged in a circle with edges touching; place 1 additional cookie in middle of cookie circle. Spread with about 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch cookie border.
- Step 3
Add a second cookie circle layer with 6 cookies placed in between cookies of the first layer; place 1 additional cookie in center of second cookie circle. Spread with about 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch cookie border. Working quickly (so that cake doesn’t start to collapse), repeat layers until no cookies remain (about 8 additional layers), ending with a cookie layer. Spoon desired amount of remaining whipped cream mixture on top. Chill, uncovered, at least 5 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Step 4
Decorate cake with fresh strawberries, and serve. Leftovers may be stored, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days.
Tuesday, May 18th, 6:30pm
2431 Roman Forest Boulevard
New Caney, TX
New and improved method for ACC submissions
Safety is a top priority
The FSS website is http://www.fsssecurityllc.com/ The website has a lot of useful information as well as a tab to sign up for vacation watch.
Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself to Andrew, he would love to meet you.
Always call 911 for emergencies.
Keep Rio Vista Beautiful
Please help do your part in keeping our neighborhood looking beautiful by following our deed restrictions.
To look up our current deed restriction please use the link at the bottom of the newsletter to access our community's web page at riovistapoa.net
Contact information for Goodwin and Company (our management company) is listed at the end of the newsletter should questions arise. Feel free to email Megan Bebee, our representative.
You can also contact the board and Megan Bebee by using the request feature on the community's webpage.