The Change In Society
By Marniesa Vassel 8SD
- was a lawyer for 8 years
- he was voted in the house of representitives
- Lincoln gave great speeches like the house divided speech that talked about ending slavery and having all americans equal
- Was elected president in 1861
- On January 1, 1863, Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared the freedom of slaves within the Confederacy.
- He gave his gettyburgs speech in November 19 1863, standing by his declaration.
- He was assasigned on april 14th 1865
INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE
The institution of marriage has always held a central role in Canada. Many believe that because of its role in creating and nurturing families, it is the backbone of our society. Until recently, homosexual couples were excluded from this important institution. Starting in 2002, three historic court decisions dramatically changed the legal definition of marriage. In 2005 all provinces and territories had gay marriages legalized